Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing money from euro to sterling!

Options
  • 24-04-2006 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm heading to England in the morning and wondering where the best place is to change money over! I.e., airport, bank, credit union, ireland, uk, etc. Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers,

pgdavy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

avoid the airport as anywhere there will be expensive. Unless you have time to shop around for the best rate at banks in dublin or your nearest town, your local bank where you have a current account is probably as good as anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭pgdavy

Thanks jrey1981 for your tips! I'll try and find a TSB on the way up to Shannon! Any one else have any advice????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

A bank in Ireland is the best
    but if its alot you have to order it.
    Banks will only let you change about
    £500!!!!!!

WARNING do not change it in England!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

If there's a M&S with a financial services dept near to where you're going in England, this is the place to change it.

No commission and very good rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 raxall

Tazz T wrote:
    If there's a M&S with a financial services dept near to where you're going in England, this is the place to change it.

No commission and very good rates.

what's M&S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Marks and Spencers

The UK Post Office also offers commission free foreign exchange I believe. You'll probably have more luck at main post offices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Why not just take enough to do you for a couple of days and use your ATM card over there. I know there is a charge for this but it isn't that much and it means you will not be carrying as much cash with you.

Advertisement