Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest thing while stargazing

Options
  • 24-04-2006 3:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just went out a while ago (1:00am monday) to identify the Twinkling star in the North.
    Turns out it was a Satellite, i would guess Okean or iridium from the length of it or it could have been Orbview 2 im not sure, I then decided to search around with a 25mm since i already had the telescope out and ended up settling on a spot, all of a sudden a strange object appears for about 2 seconds in my view, i immediately looked up searching for what it was, then i heard an aeroplane and saw it flying across the sky. for a split second before i realised what it was, i was very intrigued/puzzled and a little bit scared all at the same time. its definitely the weirdest session i have had to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is always great when something unexpectedly goes right through your line of vision when out stargazing, whether it be with equipment or the naked eye. It is great to be looking in the right place at the right time.

Advertisement