Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice needed - Car due a service

Options
  • 24-04-2006 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know of any decent garages that can do a cheap honest service on my car?

I drive a Peugeot 406 and brought it to a Peugeot dealership last year.
    Never again!
    Seemed very highly priced and didn't improve the car in anyway.
    In fact, some things started happening to the car after the service that had never occured before (mainly electrical).

I think it's going to be an expensive one this time

Problems include:-
    The reverse gear keeps popping out
    The clutch sticks occasionally
    The hand brake needs to be reset
    occasionally the engine fan doesn't switch itself off (until the battery dies)

The air conditioning needs to be fixed
    A small dent (approx football size) in the side door that needs to be sorted
    Some of the plastic border is starting to come off one of the doors

Anyone be able to cost those problems?

I live in Dublin

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

You could try Foley Motors. They're based in North Strand in Dublin, near to the City Center. They seem to be reasonably priced and they can send your car around to a panelbeater to sort out that dent. Theres one just down the road from them. Check out www.foleymotors.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like you could be spending over a grand no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I know a garage who will do at a reasonable price - pm me for details. I don't like the sound of the reverse gear problem. But with that many potentially expensive problems I'd steer well clear of a main dealer.

Restraining myself not to go on an anti-French rant............

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

thanks for your advice everyone,
    Restraining myself not to go on an anti-French rant............

The Peugeot has been very good considering it's only 6 years old and has 140,000 mile on the clock. It's only recently it's starting to deteriorate.

crosstownk if you could PM me those details, I'd appreciate it

Thanks,

Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Peugeot have a terrible gear box. Not my words but my mechanic mate. Said they always fail. I didnt take much notice till my brother bought a peugeot van and soon after what happens? gear box fails

• Advertisement
Advertisement