Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugins for Media Centre

Options
  • 24-04-2006 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just wondering what are the best plugins to install...are there any ones that will work like codecs to play different formats through mce, as i have notice that not all my films /tv shows play.
    appreciate any links given or any info.

Daz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

try the following :

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

FFD Show is what I have been using and it seems to play everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Cheers Smoggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

K-lite codec pack:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Covers all of your bases. Be sure to manually uninstall any other codecs that you have installed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Lads - is anyone using a plugin that automatically converts your recorded tv to another format (like DivX)? I'd like to get something running that compresses all my recorded TV without me having to do anything. It'd give extra space and make it easier to move the files around.

I know theres loads of options in this regard but am interested to hear what setups people here have gone for and can this all be managed from within the media center UI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

MR DAZ wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    Just wondering what are the best plugins to install

Daz

My movies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Frank Grimes, not sure about DivX but there are a bunch of DVR-MS to WMV/MPG converters though. Microsoft have a plug-in that converts DVR-MS into WMV. It's part of some programming tutorial try the sample link at the top.

Then there is DVR-MS Toolbox found at The Green Button they redesigned their site so the download links aren't working anymore at the moment.

And finally AutoDVR Convert which seems similar to the Microsoft plug-in but has more options I think.

I'd say your best bet is to search Google and see what comes up or hunt around the plug-in sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Lads - is anyone using a plugin that automatically converts your recorded tv to another format (like DivX)? I'd like to get something running that compresses all my recorded TV without me having to do anything. It'd give extra space and make it easier to move the files around.

I know theres loads of options in this regard but am interested to hear what setups people here have gone for and can this all be managed from within the media center UI?

have you tried crunchie? Its doesnt work within the UI, but you can make it compress the DVR-MS files created from TV recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I use the DVR-MS toolbox to convert the .dvr-ms files into mpg, then the Divx Converter (can be bought from www.divx.com) to convert the mpg into a divx AVI.

Finally, I use Virtual Dub to cut out the ads / any stuff recorded before / after the program in question.

It would be nice to have something that plugged straight in, but the above method does me for now.

Cheers

Advertisement