Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing soccer in Cork

Options
  • 24-04-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's any regular soccer games going in Cork city at the mo? I'm looking for something not too serious - just a bit of sport and a good run about. I haven't played in a while and now that the weather's getting better ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jdaniel_84

Im looking for a game really bad, I haven't played in a couple of months and I really miss it, does anybody need a player??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

it's a shame that the pick-up game culture doesnt really exist here. When I lived in Toronto there were always games happening in most parks... free for anyone to join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

There are astroturf leagues happening quite regularly in a few places if you can get together a team. www.footy.ie is a good one.

Nemo and Douglas Hall have pitches to rent too. Why not get together a few people from boards for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chendry88

Lads, I'm also dying to get involved with something. Just recently moved down to Cork and am wondering if there are any semi-competitive clubs that one could train with and try and get involved with a few games? Sunday-league-esque kind of stuff.
    Cheers
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

V480 wrote: »
    There are astroturf leagues happening quite regularly in a few places if you can get together a team. www.footy.ie is a good one.

Nemo and Douglas Hall have pitches to rent too. Why not get together a few people from boards for a game?

Highfield Rugby club in Bishopstown have 3 pitches to rent also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You could drop the OP of this thread a PM requesting to be added to their facebook group.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Victor Mackey

Grange Vale AFC Players wanted

Players wanted for 1st division AUL side. Season starts August 18th. Training this Wednesday August 8th 7pm Grangevale Park

Grangevale are 60 years old next year and are one of the oldest clubs in the AUL.

http://www.grangevaleafc.com/

Come along and play your part in continuing the history.

If interested please reply to the post and I'll contact you

Cheers

Eh.. what's that again Victor?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Lads,

We have a regular game going on Wednesday nights at 8pm in Douglas Hall on the Astro pitches and are looking for 2 players.

- 5 a-side
    - over 30's
    - 1hr game (sometimes spills over by 15mins)
    - not looking for semi-pros!
    - nothing fancy, it's good craic, fair bit of your usual banter/abuse :)

PM if interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

:rolleyes:
    Lemag wrote: »
    Eh.. what's that again Victor?
    Think hes looking for players smart arse

• Advertisement

Think hes looking for players smart arse
    He posted 5 times. 4 of them have since been deleted. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Lemag wrote: »
    He posted 5 times. 4 of them have since been deleted. :rolleyes:
    Whats it got to do with you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Probably best I go start my own thread and leave you gents too it....

Whats it got to do with you ?
    IT WAS A JOKE! At least two people got it. I've already made a relevant contribution to this thread. You have not. You're stiring sh1te where there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I would be up for a game aswell. I go to the gym a good bit but I miss a good game of soccer.

Advertisement