Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhandled Win32 Exception DEVENV.EXE

Options
  • 24-04-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

in work we use Visual Studio 6.0 for creating web solutions and uploading stuff onto our live server. For some reason when i try and start the program i get the above error (Unhandled win32 etc.)

Any ideas what could be happening ? i tried installing it into a different directory but no luck.

could it be the registry ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

check the event logs on you machine (system/application)
    visual studio normally logs the errors then google them or search
    support.microsoft.com

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

cheers for the reply,

the event logs just say

Faulting application devenv.exe, version 6.1.81.67, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00343438.

which isnt very helpful.

thanks anyway

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

As you guessed, it's quite possibly leaving something nasty in the registry which is why you still have the problem after a reinstall. Uninstall again, then use something like regsweeper, which should scan the registry and find entries for programs no longer installed allowing you to remove them.

Advertisement