Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clubs in Cork??? WTF

Options
  • 24-04-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Ok, SO i was back in cork this weekend And Decided to head out with the lads, Normally we'd always end up in Cubins or Havana Browns, But On saturday i got stopped in both places, I decided as soon as they say no i dont ask Questions and leave it off but the lads i was with asked the bouncers nicely Why we werent left in, The bouncers made referance to my ears, I got tunnels done a few months ago, There only 10mil's so there not that big, I was dressed Really well and I've never been stopped in any of those clubs before, I cant believe they didnt leave me in cause of my tunnels, Is this the case with all the clubs in cork? I ended up in fast eddie's and redz and i still had a great night, I was talkin to a few bouncers i know and they said some of the clubs have policies about lads ears being pierced, Any1 else think it's a bit harsh,?????

Kellz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

thats pathetic man ,sounds to me ppl having ego trips on the door nowt to do with your tunnels.thats some cork bouncers for you unfortunatly:mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's sucky but sadly not uncommon. A lot of clubs in cork have either very unusual door policies, or doormen who (put politely) have a hard time making friends.

There again, a lot of clubs in cork are also generally crap, and have a clientele that extends to include those of the distinctly dodgy persuasion. Perhaps this explains the doormen, though it still sucks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yup, they can be assholes alright. A bouncer at Havana's refused my friend before because he was wearing Converse All Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

No loss really. Maybe they are just trying to save the decent folk from the crap music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

homah_7ft wrote:
    No loss really. Maybe they are just trying to save the decent folk from the crap music.

Seconded! There are some fair tools of bouncers in the city, but to be honest most of the clubs are so "meh" that at least if you got turned away quickly you could move on. That queue for havanas is so bad it could be too late to go anywhere by the time you get turned away.

No loss is right, sounds like the OP's ears have had enough self-inflicted trauma without suffering the music of most cork clubs. (only messin ;) )I reckon a good few of the clubs got together sometime in 2002 and made a "mad CD" that they play EVERY Saturday night on random. Twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Yeah, thats the way it is in some clubs in Cork. I was told to take my piercings out one night going into Cubins, no use arguing and I didn't want to take out my piercings, I shouldn't have to really so I just walked away and went to the Oval for one or two instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Bouncers in Reardens/Havanna Browns are tossers. Thought the lads in Cubins were okay. Such a stupid policy about guys wearing earings though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i dont go near reardons, the ppl inside are nearly as bad as the prick who runs the place.

most of the bouncers around cork at the moment are being assholes. they keep asking me for id even when ive been drinking there for five years and then they get thick about having student id and nothing else

Advertisement