Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Sport Shower

Options
  • 24-04-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi all, recently our mira sport shower is passing out what looks like little grains of sandy material. it can build up inside the shower head as well. My brother reckons the mira should be piped directly from mains, and there is no such material in our mains supply, is it a build up on the heating element of shower? can it be cleaned someway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Soledad

Is it limescale.
    I know my parents have to regularly de-scale their Mira Sport or it doesn not function properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Soledad wrote:
    Is it limescale.
    I know my parents have to regularly de-scale their Mira Sport or it doesn not function properly.

how do you descale them? as in do you need to buy some special descaler?

i thought as much, i have not opened it yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Soledad

You can buy a special descaler, my mother swears by good strong vinegar though, she just takes off the shower head and sticks it in vinegar for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Or if you're really stuck

Soak in a bowl Coca Cola over night, was out carefully afterwards, works a treat

Bogger77 wrote:
    Or if you're really stuck

Soak in a bowl Coca Cola over night, was out carefully afterwards, works a treat

my problem is internal...the shower pump is putting out some stuff....i think its built upinsde the actual shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

As you have limescale build up on the shower head
    most likely over the coming months the temperature of the water
    shall vary greatly this normally happens, once the "low pressure" light is illuminated.

To sort this out, turn off the the water supply to the shower, and the
    MAINS ELECTRICAL supply!!. remove the shower cover by removing the
    philiips screw underneath the unit. the shower cover justs lifts off.

On the left hand side of the unit you'll see a brass bolt approx size 16
    remove this and clean the wire mesh core thats contained.

That should solve any internal problems...regarding the shower head
    I agree use coke or the best of all vineagar and use a pin to help it along

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

In addition to De Man's suggestion use kettle/washing machine descaler to break down the lime. Works wonders.

stapeler wrote:
    In addition to De Man's suggestion use kettle/washing machine descaler to break down the lime. Works wonders.

cheers alll...ill give it a go at the weekend!

Advertisement