Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 worst wrestlers

• 24-04-2006 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

purely based on in ring ability

-10 Tugboat/Typhoon/Shockmaster( by any name rubbish)
    -9 Ultimate Warrior
    -8 David Flair
    -7 Doink( steve keirns was the worst, he was Skinner)
    -6 everyone of those 8 stone ar*e's on CZW with their ribs sticking out who think 4 ladders in a ring smaller than my ensuite is good
    -5 Orlando Jordan
    -4 eric watts
    -3 Billy Gunn
    -2 Steve McMichael
    -1 El Gigante/ Giant Gonzalez

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think I could narrow a list down to ten but there's no way Orlando Jordan and Billy Gunn are some of the worst wrestlers of all time. I'm no fan of either but there are plenty more who are worse than them. The Great Khali and Nathan Jones spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

fair point about Jones. didn't want to say anything about Khali coz people would say give him a chance. thing about Jones is when he was at wwe level he hadn't got that much experience, he was still training. Gunn and Jordan have had plenty of training and show little ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I assume youre talking "technically the worst" here and not entertainment value here because Ultimate warrior was the MAN. Billy Gunn was very goood too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Boogeyman has to be in that list, along with anyone to come from the diva search. Scott Steiner, but only after he got injured. Hulk Hogan was awful in the ring.

Edit: Sid Viscious is probably one of the worst in-ring of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Billy Gunn mightn't have been great as a singles wrestler, but how can you say he was one of the worst 10 when he was a part of the New Age Outlaws?!

The Great Khali is the worst wrestler I've seen so far. It's easier to say what guys are good..Erik Watts wasn't that bad, I've seen some good matches of his. Same with Steve Keirn, sure isn't he an agent for WWE now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I'm only going to go on modern times because the further back you go, the worse they get so, in no particular order (well, the order they come into my head):
    Undertaker
    Kane
    Goldberg
    HHH
    JBL
    Big Show (he used to be great though)
    Nathan Jones
    Heidenreich
    Jeff Hardy (used to be pretty good but not anymore)
    Chyna (glad she's gone)
    Rikishi (what is it with fat guys?)
    And there's 11 instead of 10 right there. If I had to drop one from that list, it'd probably be HHH because at least he's capable of having a good match.

RealJohn wrote:
    I'm only going to go on modern times because the further back you go, the worse they get so, in no particular order (well, the order they come into my head):
    Undertaker
    Kane
    Goldberg
    HHH
    JBL
    Big Show (he used to be great though)
    Nathan Jones
    Heidenreich
    Jeff Hardy (used to be pretty good but not anymore)
    Chyna (glad she's gone)
    Rikishi (what is it with fat guys?)
    And there's 11 instead of 10 right there. If I had to drop one from that list, it'd probably be HHH because at least he's capable of having a good match.

Undertaker? The guy who Bret Hart praised as one of the best big men of all time and who had one of the best matches so far this year against Kurt Angle? Seriously?

Edit: Just seen HHH there. I'll just assume you're taking the p*ss.

I'd agree with Jeff Hardy, awful wrestler. HHH though?! He's one of the best alive. Kane, Taker, Show and JBL can be great, they aren't exactly boring to watch all the time

Viscera. There's a horrible guy to watch. Mil Mascaras too. Saw a couple of his matches, don't know how the **** he's such a celebrity in Mexico. Nearly as bad as Hogan

No, I'm not. Both Undertaker and HHH are extremely lazy and both are very selective about who they're willing to job to. Anyone can have a good match with Kurt Angle because Angle is such an amazing athlete himself and is willing to job for the good of the angle.
    HHH's attitude has improved lately but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Willingness to do the job when required is part of ability.

Fozzy wrote:
    Viscera. There's a horrible guy to watch.
    Word. He can go right on to my list in place of almost any of them.

• Advertisement

RealJohn wrote:
    No, I'm not. Both Undertaker and HHH are extremely lazy and both are very selective about who they're willing to job to.

Don't see what their willingness to job to people has to do with anything but define how they are "lazy".
    RealJohn wrote:
    Anyone can have a good match with Kurt Angle because Angle is such an amazing athlete himself and is willing to job for the good of the angle.

The match at No Way Out was better than "good" and you can't have a great match through one person alone. For a guy of his size, Undertaker can wrestle very well. Look at the longevity of his career.
    RealJohn wrote:

No it's not. If it was, Mick Foley would be the greatest wrestler of all time. I can understand top performers wanting to protect their careers by being careful who they put over. Taker put over Lesnar in HITC in 2003 and he didn't exactly appreciate that, did he?

For a guy of his size, Undertaker can wrestle very well. Look at the longevity of his career.
    1. I didn't say he was crap for his size, I said he was crap.
    2. He's living off past glories. He hasn't been any good (save a few admittedly very good matches with Angle in the last few years) since before dead man inc.
    Mr.Nce Guy wrote:
    No it's not. If it was, Mick Foley would be the greatest wrestler of all time.
    I didn't say being willing to job was all you need, I said it was part of what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Alot of these wrestlers werent that bad, just terribly misused like El Gigante. Did he do anything bar the Royal Rumble when the all ganged up on him btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

RealJohn wrote:
    No, I'm not. Both Undertaker and HHH are extremely lazy and both are very selective about who they're willing to job to. Anyone can have a good match with Kurt Angle because Angle is such an amazing athlete himself and is willing to job for the good of the angle.
    HHH's attitude has improved lately but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Triple H and Undertaker in the top 10 of the worst wrestlers ever? Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Kevin Nash, Nathan Jones, Mark Henry, A Train and David ****in Arquette all deserve a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

when i am watching wrestling every week these are the guys i hate to see.
    10) RVD.
    9) spirit squad.
    8) matt striker.
    7) umaga.
    6) murdoch.
    5) orlando jordan.
    4) funaki.
    3) hardcore holly.
    2) scotty 2 hotty.
    1) road warrior animal.
    thank the lord, or i mean thank vince i dont see these guys much anyway, i just go 'oh no' if they have a match on raw or smack down.
    someone wrote a message in these boards a few weeks ago saying vince does not watch heat or velocity. i am like vince. i may convert to his religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I think you should.
    Van Dam? Why is he on the list?
    OK the Spirit Squad might be annoying but they are excellent in the ring.
    In fairness youre about right with the rest of them

last nights raw was the first time i enjoyed a spirit squad match. but they are annoying. i cant see them lasting unless there are better tag teams for them to wrestle.
    RVD, i liked him, but since he came back a few weeks ago i dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

based on pure in ring ability, as the OP said

Giant Gonzalez
    Nathan Jones
    John Heidenreich
    Steve McMichael
    KISS Demon
    Billy Gunn
    Lita
    Tyson Tomko
    New Jack
    Sandman

that list is based on in ring ability overall - nothing to do with "laziness" or "ability to put people over"

(just short of the list would be A-Train, Mark Henry, and many more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

R.V.D. a bad wrestler?, you must be out of your head, there aren't 5 men on the roster that can touch him for wrestling ability and he has more signiture moves then any other wrestler.

• Advertisement

triple h wrote:
    8) matt striker.
    6) murdoch.
    1) road warrior animal.

Matt Striker is a great wrestler, I saw some of his mic work last year and thought it was great, then I saw him wrestle and thought it was even better. I'm a big fan of his, I just hope he gets a decent chance in the ring to show how good he really is

Murdoch has a lot of potential, imo. I've seen two or three great matches with him, I really think he's got it

Animal, or "The Road Warrior", I'd agree with right now. He used to be amazing, one of the greatest tag wrestlers ever. Now he just seems like an old guy who isn't that great in the ring

A lot of the women wrestlers are awful, it's easier to just pick out the good ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Eh Zanta Claus anyone?

Triple H and Undertaker in the top 10 of the worst wrestlers ever? Bizarre.
    I said in my first post on this topic that I was only going on modern time, not of all time.

triple h, come on. If you think Funaki is crap then you just don't understand rasslin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

RealJohn wrote:
    I said in my first post on this topic that I was only going on modern time, not of all time.

triple h, come on. If you think Funaki is crap then you just don't understand rasslin.

Go on any period you want, over any time period and you will not find Triple H or Undertaker in the top 10 worst wrestlers in the world. I think this is a deliberate wind up.

what about The Rock - am I strange in thinking before he main evented - he actually wrestled harder and used more moves, then all of a sudden, he gets the belt, more mic time, and less in-ring skills are shown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shouldnt this topic be renamed worst WWF/E wrestlers of all time, as bar 2 or 3 names, they are all WWE wrestlers.

Now, looking at some of the lists, it makes me wonder are some of the posters here 5 years old
    triple h wrote:
    10) RVD.
    9) spirit squad.
    8) matt striker.
    7) umaga.
    6) murdoch.
    5) orlando jordan.
    4) funaki.
    3) hardcore holly.
    2) scotty 2 hotty.
    1) road warrior animal.

All of those are quite good wrestlers in their own way. Now, try name the members of the Spirit Squad before you say the are rubbish. Maybe Animal, but again, he does what he does well. The fact you mention Murdoch and Striker, makes your list laughable. Murdoch for his size and physique is quite a good technical wresler, dare I say a modern day Dusty Rhodes. And Striker reminds me of Lance Storm in some ways. Just laboured with poor gimmicks the 2 of them.
    ph3n0m wrote:
    New Jack

Ive yet to see this guy actually perform a wrestling move. I found him entertaining in ECW, but he is not a wrestler, more a violent jerk.
    Tyson Tomko

Tomko wasn't all that bad either. Sure he was slow, but the WWE never actually let him loose. When he was tagging with Kevin Fertig (mordecai) in OVW he was actaually quite impressive. Far better than the power move character in wwe.
    RealJohn wrote:
    Undertaker
    Kane
    HHH
    JBL

Undertaker is one of the best wrestlers the wwe have ever had. He has been able to do all sorts of matches, without ever making them look cheap. Ref his recent match with Angle - it takes 2 to tango. if Taker was poor, not even Angle could make him look good. For proof see any Angle match wit Mark Henry.

Kane isnt a bad wrestler either. For a big guy, he can get around the ring, doesnt depend only on pwer moves, and is rarely in a poor match.

HHH, dont start me on his so called unwillingness to do the job. Do a search on this forum and see my opinion there. Suffice to say, he jobs very well when the time is right to put someone over (generally). he is also a gifted wrestler, who couldnt have stayed where he is without being so. Screw the whole bosses daughter stuff, if he wasnt good enough, would he been able to maintain it? No siree. Of course he has used it to his advantage, probably too often, but that doesnt make him a bad wrestler.

JBL. Now, without being technically gifted, he can sell very well, and even with his limited moveset, can still put together a decent match, with the right opponent.

I know a good wrestler should be able to have a good match with any opponent, but hey, this is American pro wrestling, where size matters. Im not saying its right, but for the average casual fan, thats what is wanted. I know I would prefer see the likes of Benoit, Angle, Corino, Stiker, Punk, Jericho, Daniels etc be the main events, but unfortunatley the average fan wants to see big men fighting rather than average size men (relatively speaking) wrestle.

gimmick wrote:
    Ive yet to see this guy actually perform a wrestling move. I found him entertaining in ECW, but he is not a wrestler, more a violent jerk.

I believe he did perform a chop once, but then again he might have had a bat in his hand while he did it

gimmick wrote:
    Tomko wasn't all that bad either. Sure he was slow, but the WWE never actually let him loose. When he was tagging with Kevin Fertig (mordecai) in OVW he was actaually quite impressive. Far better than the power move character in wwe.

Unfortunately this was based on what I actually saw of him - OVW has no bearing on this
    I know a good wrestler should be able to have a good match with any opponent, but hey, this is American pro wrestling, where size matters. Im not saying its right, but for the average casual fan, thats what is wanted. I know I would prefer see the likes of Benoit, Angle, Corino, Stiker, Punk, Jericho, Daniels etc be the main events, but unfortunatley the average fan wants to see big men fighting rather than average size men (relatively speaking) wrestle.

Too true - wish Y2J was still champ - then again putting him in ****ty angles with Steph, handcream and a dog bordered on just plain idiocy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr_Enigma

What about Ernest "The Cat" Miller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

what about barry horowitz

• Advertisement

^

^

What about them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

what about barry horowitz

Barry Horowitz. I used to love watching him wrestle. I always expected that maybe this is HIS time, but it never happened.

I can't really pick a Top 10 worst wrestlers but I can say HHH and Undertaker definitely DON'T belong there and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know much about wrestling. I not a fan of either of them but to have the 2 greatest wrestlers alive (Ric Flair and Bret Hart) praise both these guys as greatest wrestlers most mean something.

If worst wrestlers means worst ability then Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan should both be there but they drew BIG crowds so they can't be there for that reason alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    what about The Rock - am I strange in thinking before he main evented - he actually wrestled harder and used more moves, then all of a sudden, he gets the belt, more mic time, and less in-ring skills are shown

same with Randy Orton and even (gasp:eek: ) John Cena.

I think Mick Foley put it best when he compared the ratio of nice technical moves he performed, vs the amount of violent looking non technical moves with the ratio of peanut butter he had to eat ate vs proper meals.

my list was more about wrestlers i dont like to see, ok some of them have good moves, some dont. for example RVD is awful on the mic, he should never talk. in fact if RVD just did wrestling and no talking i may like him, again.
    and i said i was just going to talk about current wrestlers, as someone else here in the boards said that to talk about all time wrestlers was a bit to much.
    i hope the guys on my list go to heat and velocity shows.

triple h wrote:
    for example RVD is awful on the mic, he should never talk. in fact if RVD just did wrestling and no talking i may like him, again.

It's interesting, for ages I thought it was just that he was fed up with his role in the show and didn't really try. But Joey Styles said in an interview that the thing with Rob is that he truly believes that no one can beat him at what he does, and he can only really get behind something when he believes strongly in it. I thought he was great on the mic when he got a chance in ECW, and I've heard a couple of radio interviews where he sounded great just talkin. He's definitely got the ability, but it doesn't seem to come out until he's really into something

I've yet to see A1 from Team Canada do anything worthwhile. Used to feel the same about Lance Hoyt, but he's improved a bit since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm going to reiterate SID VISCIOUS - injured so many people, yet still managed to win World Titles just because he had the right look.

• Advertisement

I'm going to reiterate SID VISCIOUS - injured so many people

Haha, true, even infamously injured himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

when i made the list i forgot all about sid. but then u can never really knock a guy who goes into business for himself at wm against hogan.

the spirit squad were getting a bit of slack in this thread, but they are actually not bad wrestlers at all. some of the stuff they do is very innovative it just they have a really really really lame gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

ff101 wrote:
    the spirit squad were getting a bit of slack in this thread, but they are actually not bad wrestlers at all. some of the stuff they do is very innovative it just they have a really really really lame gimmick
    Agreed... I have to admit to cringeing when Spirit Squad matches are announced, purely because of the cheerleader gimmick. They're quite entertaining to watch once they get the "cheers" out of their system and get down to actually wrestling.

The Spirit Squad is actually quite a clever gimmick if you think of it.

The SS are portrayed as jocks, the mortal enemy of the nerd. Now, being honest, wrestlings following doesn't have too many jocks there. The SS with their prancing simply makes jocks look like idiots, which in general they are. Its just pro wrestlings way of throwing 2 fingers up at them, all the while giving a sense of well being to the non jocks out there.

Also, aside from the social commentary, I think the SS is a great gimmick. It brings 5 good OVW wrestlers into the WWE, and none of them is necessarily seen as the weak one. Similarly, no-one is seen as the dominant character either. It also has all the compeonents of a great mid card faction. They are already with Tag Team belts, there is no reason why someone like Jeter cannot go into the IC title scene.

It will also lead to a good break up later on, with the SS turning on one or two of its members.

Suffic eto say, i do not think the SS is in anyway lame. In fact, they are one of the better parts of Raw at present.

Advertisement