Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixons Extended Warranty

Options
  • 24-04-2006 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience claiming on this - I have a FinePix 4800Z that has died. Just wondering if I have a battle on my hands - it's a if we can't fix you get a new camera deal.

Thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Extended Warranty - how can you loose

/sorry had to be done

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It could take a bit of work:rolleyes:
    Well I calimed for a laptop on it and it went away 6/7 times over 3 months before they **cough "lost it" cough**

Well I got a replacement straight away when they told me this.

Though it may be different for a smaller item like a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I sent my laptop back under the accidental damage part of it last week and got a phone call to say that they'll be sending me out vouchers for a new laptop to the original value of the laptop from day one. Pretty good deal considering the laptop is a few months shy of 3 years. So now all I have to do is go pick out something new.... One bit of advice though Their technicians are very good at repairing accident damage as my one accidently fell down the stairs once and I sent it back thinkin I was getting a new one and they fixed it. This time however I doubt they'll fix it... accidently fellll down the stairs again.....three times :rolleyes:

Good deal for the 300 odd euro I spent day one....

New sony Vaio here I come...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

One bit of advice though Their technicians are very good at repairing accident damage as my one accidently fell down the stairs once and I sent it back thinkin I was getting a new one and they fixed it. This time however I doubt they'll fix it... accidently fellll down the stairs again.....three times :rolleyes:

I'll bear that in mind!

Thanks for the info

D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

mik_da_man wrote:
    Well I calimed for a laptop on it and it went away 6/7 times over 3 months before they **cough "lost it" cough**

Funny enough - exact same thing happened to me over a Palm PDA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

AFAIK the Dixons coverplan covers accidental damage, if it has just died well they'll try and repair it. Drop it off the ground, and go to coverplan directly.
    018781470 or whatever number it has on your receipt details. If you tell them there's a big crack running through the screen and the lens is broken etc. they'll more than likely send a currier to pick it up and send you out vouchers.
    These vouchers will be to the value of the camera, and will give you about 2/3'rds of what you paid for the cover.. which means you can just buy the cover again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Just say no. I was helping someone buy a laptop and the salesguy tried to imply that it wasn't an option not to get it. I just kept saying no until he stopped.

Yeah I'm sure he won't get the commision but that's not my or my friends problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

for the sake of a few extra quid I would recommend it. But if you do buy the policy make sure and use it!!!!! ie accidently drop your product down the stairs about 3 or 4 times and send it back. I just upgraded my laptop for free last night to a very nice spec sony vaio and got a sony sat nav along with it.... And of course the obligatory coverplan. I have a funny feeling my car is going to get broken into sometime soon cough cough!!!!!! So in light of my preminitions I got a new window for the car just in case its broken on the break in!!!!

Advertisement