Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Lwr Abbey Street

Options
  • 24-04-2006 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the situation with 50 Lwr Abby street is. Someone told me its was a designer's workshop but it looks like a squat to me. Does anyone know. It’s the place done from epicurean with all the spray paint on the door

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

It was a squat but the guy who squated it has actually gained control of it/owns it (I'm not exactly sure of the precise legal staus) he operates it as an art gallery, offically, he makes pieces of "Found Art" ie he finds stuff around the city and puts them together to make "Art" hence the bicycle bits and the soother tree you see outside from time to time.

inside most of the building is in abad state of repair, bare dirty room and rotting floorboards, I've been to a few parties in it, you have to sign in for insurance reasons but after that anything goes. I think he has some rooms that are done up for him to live in.

It's a cool story and much better than there being a centra or something there instead, it probably worth millions even in it's delapidated state

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Is this just a few doors up from supermacs...?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Kersh wrote:
    Is this just a few doors up from supermacs...?

no right down the other end of that row of buildings,

i agree with the 2nd poster, much better than a spar or centra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Yeah, Dublin needs more houses/whatever like the Abbey Street one.

It's nice to see something in the city centre which is not about taking_your_money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Squaters rights are that if you have been putting empty space to use (or squating on it) for seven years, you can lay claim to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Middle Abbey St is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I heard his family owned the property and he inherited not a squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Squaters rights are that if you have been putting empty space to use (or squating on it) for seven years, you can lay claim to it.

Adverse possession in Ireland is 12 years in normal circumstance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

this place looks so tacky from the outside.it looks weird.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bluetonic wrote:

Correct! As a law student, I learned that recently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bluetonic wrote:

Yeah yeah....semantics.
    Was I right with the rest though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yeah yeah....semantics.
    Was I right with the rest though?

You were in my opinion

http://www.odonnellsweeney.ie/news.asp?id=12&cid=59

Link explains it better than I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Does anyone know what the situation with 50 Lwr Abby street is. Someone told me its was a designer's workshop but it looks like a squat to me. Does anyone know. It’s the place done from epicurean with all the spray paint on the door

Is that the house located between the Abbey Hotel and the Hidden Hearing shop?

I passed it yesterday afternoon and there seemed to be a mad party going on there!

Advertisement