Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glen of the Downs GC - Lease Membership

• 24-04-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Lease of membership available for remainder of 2006 and 2007 if required. This gives you full membership entitlements including GUI registration without having to pay expensive club membership entry fee.

Fee for remainder of 2006 is €1,300

Glen of the Downs Golf Club
    18 hole parkland course situated off the N11 near the Glen of the Downs in County Wicklow, Ireland.

Anyone interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

PM me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

Hey Dom

I am very interested in this. How long is the lease for? Can it be leased again next year and whats the cost. Can you contact me by Monday or Tuesday
    sdunne@o2.ie
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dominoe

As of 4th May this membership is still available for this year and subsequent years if you wish.

Hi Dunser,
    Due to time wasting by steve-hosting36 I missed your cut-off limit of last tuesday to reply. Let me know if you are still interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Does Mick Doyle allow this?

Apologies, last message should have read:

As of 4th MAY Membership is still available . . . . . .

• Advertisement

Leasing of membership in Glen of the Downs is an option for every member - the Glen of the Downs PLC itself administers the lease on behalf of the members and deals with the GUI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Dominoe wrote:
    Leasing of membership in Glen of the Downs is an option for every member - the Glen of the Downs PLC itself administers the lease on behalf of the members and deals with the GUI.

Grand. It's been a while since i've been up there so i can't really remember the ins and outs of the membership.

Hi Dom

Am very interested, is 1300 for rest of this year , How much is it for next year. DO you mind me asking how come your leasing.

How soon can you get back to me ?

Hi Dunser,
    Have been clubhouse member in another club closer to home for years, became full member in March, don't need two memberships. Plan is to pass it on to a family member in years to come.
    €1300 (including €200 debit on smart card) is for rest of this year. Full membership for 2007 (including debit, insurance, mens club sub and vat) is likely to be €2,100.

hi Dom

When does this years expire?
    What was this year Sub , 2k is bit steep

• Advertisement

Hi Dunser,
    December 31st
    €2068

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

Dominoe,

I'm very tempted was up there on Sunday but Baulked at the 25-30 k quoted for the joining fee.

What is it like as a club? Stuffy, old school?

Tip

Hi Tip,
    As you saw, a lovely 18 hole course, beautifully maintained. Club far from stuffy or 'old school'. Club is less than 10 years old so membership is young. Clubhouse is lovely. Membership fee is high but on a par with similar clubs close to Dublin.

Dom

So how much can you do membership for rest of the year ?

Hi Dunser,
    Yes, will do for 1200 - email me or call my mobile if you wish to go ahead.

Hi Dom
    Can you email me your details sdunne@o2.ie
    Mobile etc and make arrangements
    thanks

Thread Closed - Membership leased successfully and satisfactorily.

Dom

Never got your details, Have you gone ahead and leased it

Dom

Never got your details, Have you gone ahead and leased it

Advertisement