Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 upper Abbey St

Options
  • 24-04-2006 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Does anyone knowthe craic with 50 Upper Abbey st. The building with the Spray paint on the door. Is it a squat or something

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Its belong to an artist, he owns the building and he does as he see fit with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Middle Abbey St is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

He was a squatter. Corpo paid him off for a tidy sum and have a few lads stripping the place today. Was talking to them there on my break.
    Kind of sad to see him go, especially if the corpo let the junkie refuge expand into the new building.

Edit sorry for the necro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

KTRIC wrote: »
    Its belong to an artist, he owns the building and he does as he see fit with it.

I'd like to retract my earlier statement m'lord :D
    Nevore wrote: »
    He was a squatter. Corpo paid him off for a tidy sum and have a few lads stripping the place today. Was talking to them there on my break.
    Kind of sad to see him go, especially if the corpo let the junkie refuge expand into the new building.

Edit sorry for the necro.

Shame to see it, he added a dose of much needed flavour to the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Shame to see him go.

Was it just my imagination or was there a bicycle frame on the steps before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, he had a painted bike frame as a kind of gate. I hope they leave the mosaic in situ too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He fished that bicycle frame out of the liffey in around 1991..he was forever mudlarking under h'appenny bridge..i'd say he found a surprising amount of engagement rings too!

Advertisement