Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macromedia Director

Options
  • 24-04-2006 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just a quick question but its fairly vital that i know the answer.

I want to make a multimedia CD for PC, i need to have alot of *.exe files of other programmes on this CD and be able to open/execute them through the interface made in director (i.e click on programmes, and it takes you to that loop/page and then you click on a programme and it installs)

Can this be done and is there a tutorial to do this ??
    Can i make the CD with the programmes in one folder and projector file goes to that folder to install them ??

Any information on this would be great, i'm badly stuck at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It can be done alright... I managed to stick a Adobe Acrobat installer into it once. Couldn't tell you off the top of my head how I did it... I'll see if I can dig up the file later on.

Okay. I found the file.... but I don't have Director installed on the computer I'm using at the moment. If you PM me your email address I can send you on the .dir file and you can see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

If you PM me your email address I can send you on the .dir file and you can see for yourself.

Done ... cheers for this MF !!

Hope this helps people, new behaviour and this is the Lingo
    on mouseUp me
      open the moviePath & "\MyFolder\MyProgramme.exe"
    end 

There is also a bit here about behaviours, aswell as the Director Help Files.

Hi there, back again

Having a problem saving a Projector file. The version that i have is 8.5 .... when i go to save the project as a Projector (just to test does it work, not finished yet) and it wont let me.

I go to File -> Create Projector and the Create Window pops up, it asks to add movie clips (i have none in there so i ignore that), it has the Options button and i select what i think i need. It asks for a file name ... thats fine, but do i have to include the extension? is it .dir ?? anyway ... i select Animate in background ... play in the centre and standard, so it saves the player aswell.

It then asks me to select file type, i have four options ... Movie Cast Xtra, Director Movie, Director Cast, Xtra (no mention of Projector) .... Which one is it ?? As i said, i have the programmes in a seperate folder (in the same stage folder, just to state the obvious) and they work fine when i play it.

Can anyone help me out with this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm on MX at the moment... so I can't help you out with that one...

I'll probably be getting back into the program next week... I might be able to advise you better then.

• Advertisement

I'm on MX at the moment... so I can't help you out with that one...

I'll probably be getting back into the program next week... I might be able to advise you better then.

Nice one Monkey Fudge, cheers for that !!

Advertisement