Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting NTL BB to a router?

• 24-04-2006 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi

I recently got NTL isntalled, it works fine when I connect the PC directly to the modem, but when I try to run the modem through a router I get nothing, I rang NTl but they say they dont support routers, very helpful, I am using one of these
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=34845&doy=24m4

I have the IP set to automatic in my network settings, do I need to change something?

Does the Router need any specific settings to talk to the modem?

Also my modem hasn't been "registered" with NTL yet as I dont have a customer number, does the registration have any bearing on how the modem behaves with routers?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

You need to power of the modem router and PC. leave out for 30 sec power up the modem wait till sync and ready come on solid and stop flashing. Start the router and start the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 zakumara

NTL works on the MAC address filtering, when you register first time you need to connect device to their connection. Just leave your router plugged in and ask them to reset your connection

Advertisement