Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curb your enthusiasm

Options
  • 24-04-2006 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Me mate just gave me season 1 and 2 on DVD.

I really dont know what to think here!!! I mean..is it Larry David being himself, cos if it is, then he's such an asshole!! But brilliant. He just does everything everybody thinks about saying or doing, but just dont have the balls to!!!

Brilliant!! Genius! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Good show alright.

It's fictional (that's not really his wife, his house, his manager, etc.) but highly improvised. Scenes start off with an outline and a few key points, then the actors take it from there afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

ive been disappointed at some episodes before, but others are brilliant.
    the awkward situations he accidently creates are pretty funny,
    unfortunately housemates and that dont like it, so dont watch it as much.

Episode 30- The Grand Opening
    Episode 40- Opening Night
    cant remember which one, he does a show and forgets his lines and the audience go to walk out... anyone remember???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fantastic show. One of my favourites is the episode with the Judy Doll/Cinema preview...."Mommy there's a man in the bathroom with something long and hard in his pocket!" :D

The situations he gets himless into are absolutely side splitting. Funniest show on TV imo, but all of my friends hate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Grand Opening would be the opening of the restaurant with the French chef with Tourrette's, right? And Opening Night would be the first night of The Producers, I think.

Anyway, one of the funniest shows ever made - and the fact that so much is improv really adds to it. You get some great reactions from the cast, like when Larry throws in a "fat ****" to Jeff, or struggles to supress in the middle of an argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pants on fire

Yeah, the Grand Opening is the restaraunt and Opening night is that brillaint one where he forgets his lines cos of that bastard who got annoyed when Larry said he wouldnt take his picture!!
    What a bastard.
    The Hilarity.

:D

• Advertisement

why is it some people love and some hate it so much? i found a torrent for it, seasons 1 to 4, but its the kind of show i watched with mates before, and they loved and everyone had fun, but when i watch it with people who dont like it, its just not the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

No offense to the OP but this might be better suited in the Television forum.

I've caught many random episodes of this on TG4 over the last two years, got to say that I loved every epsiode that I saw. When I get some money together, I plan on buying the first three seasons on DVD. How many people have seen season 5? I've heard that it's disappointing.
    stevenk wrote:
    why is it some people love and some hate it so much? i found a torrent for it, seasons 1 to 4, but its the kind of show i watched with mates before, and they loved and everyone had fun, but when i watch it with people who dont like it, its just not the same
    I found the same thing with Red Dwarf. Watch it with people who don't like it and it turns into 30 minutes of discomfort.

exactly, also, the same people i know that dislike curb your enthusiasm also dislike red dwarf, well about 3 people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Great show, but it seems to be on at odd times and thrown around the schedule so I could never see it as much as I wanted to.

Advertisement