Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont use BT in rented house

Options
  • 24-04-2006 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

just warning people not to deal with BT if you are renting......

i had bt with the 6month broadband and line rental in my last place,

ordered it in oct 2005

rang to cancel middle march 2006, can't be done over the phone so...

got cancellation form signed and sent it back asking it to be cancelled on the 31st

it was still working on april 5th so rang eircom to close it, they cant because its through a reseller, they have no access

rang bt and after 20mins got told that the cancellation was recieved and that he can close the account for me now (em it was dated to be cancelled 5 days ago)

phone was still working a week later so cancelled it online on the bt site

sent a letter to BT complaints, got a mail back next morning saying
    Thank you for your email regarding problems experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of BT for any inconvenience that this has caused.
    I can confirm that your complaint has been logged and has been issued with a BT reference no. ********* Please quote this reference if you require information relating to this issue.
    Please be assured that all customer complaints received by BT are taken very seriously, treated as a priority and in confidence. An investigation will be conducted and once complete, a formal response will be issued. Should you require any further information, do not hesitate to contact me directly on ********.
    May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns..
    Yours sincerely,

now...
    i have moved out of there 3weeks and got a call from the land lord today asking me to sort out the phone line, because the new residents cant use it, well feic the useless bunch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

OMG that must be so annoying.these companues really donot listen as my dads lost thousands because of them and nobody will listen to his stories because eircom know that they are wrong.

hope it gets sorted out.quickly.the best option is just keep calling them and try talk to a supervisor or manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I always have stayed with eircom for line rental - not out of choice though, as I am with Euphony. Generally I find the easiest thing to do when moving out (which I've done about 4 times now) is to cancel eircom first and foremost. Once that is gone at least nobody else can plug in a phone and start making calls under your bill . . .

Esat are pretty notorious for customer service though - had some issues with them for dialup billing - problems vanished once I moved to broadband though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

sorted.... well hopefully

i rang eircom yesterday and the helpful guy (well he was very much its by's problem at first) said he will just send a mail onto eircom wholesallers who will disconnect it for me by tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mukki wrote:
    sorted.... well hopefully

i rang eircom yesterday and the helpful guy (well he was very much its by's problem at first) said he will just send a mail onto eircom wholesallers who will disconnect it for me by tuesday

thank god, and hopefully it gets sorted out now.:rolleyes:

Advertisement