Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Tip

Options
  • 24-04-2006 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

If anyone asks the age old dry question during the Punch festival this week of: "Any tips"? you can just reply:

"Yes I have a real good tip for you, this is quality information Im giving you....don't bite your finger nails in the morning if you had an itch ar*e the nite before".

That will shut them up:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

ya...right...o-k. I dont think I'll be using that one any time soon:rolleyes:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

finnpark wrote:
    don't bite your finger nails in the morning if you had an itch ar*e the nite before".

Horse names are stupid. This one must be a non-runner, I don't see it listed at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

maximilian wrote:
    Horse names are stupid
    Racing industry running out of names for horses
    Following the spectacular win of WhateverYou'reHaving at the Cheltenham Gold Cup, Irish racing officials are considering introducing a versioning system for horses' names. This suggestion was prompted by the confusion generated when six other horses in the race had the same name as the winner. 'We ran out of three-syllable horse names as far back as 1967,' explained jockey Peter Dorney, 'and the situation's been getting steadily worse ever since.' Since unclaimed domain names now outnumber unclaimed horse names, the Irish Racing Association last week began to use IP addresses, but following 194.125.54.12's victory at the Navan Steeplechase, commentators complained that by the time they had announced that it was edging ahead, the horse had won the race. Further confusion was generated by the fact that this horse's website, www.194.125.54.12.ie, generates a DNS error when accessed.

Advertisement