Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime Scene outside Revolution

Options
  • 24-04-2006 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear what happened around Revolution Bar. Passed by there at 8.30 tonight and there is a Police cordon going from the K Recipe up to Wiley's. The is one Garda standing looking after it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

heard someone got kicked around there earlier and that he has since died. not too sure of how accurate that is though. seems to be nothing on Aertel or rte.ie about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

yeah just heard, heard he was only 18.. dunno much more..

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

I heard it was a stabbing. The forensic people were there earlier so it looks like someone has died :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Oh jee thats sad.

My self and the GF went by there at 5:30ish in my car. And there was a guy on the ground. There was staff from the Revolution there and another 2 blokes. The guy who was on the ground was not moving but i could c he was alive. Did not c any blood what so ever. Lots of people looking over at the guy. We thought maybe he was drunk or maybe had a stroke or something.

It would be very sad to hear if he died because of people attacking him. Im sure if that is the case the people will be found as they did it in broad daylight and im sure there were people there when it happened. Also i would think CCTV would have got them.

Just hits home how sad the event was/is because i saw the man on the footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Crikey.. In the middle of the city centre early in the night.. I hope Waterford does'nt go down the long road of stabbings and generally becomming a place to fear being out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Feic...

Can't believe something like that'd happen in broad daylight.

Does anybody know who it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

as far as I know they caught the guy who did it, terribly sad all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Heard on the radio earlier the guy who was stabbed isnt dead anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0425/kilkenny.html
    Man critical after assault in Waterford
    25 April 2006 10:01

A man has been arrested in connection with an assault in Waterford which left a man in critical condition in hospital.

The man, who is in his late 20s and from south Kilkenny, sustained serious head injuries during a row on John Street in Waterford last night.

He is now in intensive care in Waterford Regional Hospital.

Last night, gardaí cordoned off the scene and began technical examinations that were due to continue today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Some jack@sses in this town. I hope the guy gets life. Get another scanger off the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

On a seperate note , did anybody hear about the woman who was allegedly stabbed in the Catherines Grange area of the city also on Monday night ?
    The story going around is that she answered her door to be confronted by a sixteen year old who proceeded to stab her .
    As I said I dont know if its true but the story was flying around the town this morning .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

From RTE on Tuesday.
    A 19-year-old man from Ferrybank in Waterford City remains in intensive care at Waterford Regional hospital after being assaulted yesterday.

The assault happened around 5.45pm on John Street in the city.
    The man was brought to hospital by ambulance shortly after the assault.

He received serious head injuries. His condition improved slightly this afternoon.

Advertisement

A 20-year-old man, who had been drinking with the victim, is in custody and gardaí say they are not looking for anybody else in connection with the assault

Didn't hear anything about a woman in Catherines Grange getting stabbed. I live quite close to there but that's no guarantee that I'd hear anything either.

Advertisement