Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing

Options
  • 24-04-2006 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi, im thinking of getting my nipple pierced. Got a load of questions. Im a fella by the way. Firstly is there much chance of infection after getting the piercing? Also how long does it take to heal and can you take it out? Would i have to leave it when playing football and things like that? Also does anyone who has it done or whos fella has had it done think it makes sex and better? Also, if i got it done would people know because i dont want it really to be seen under my shirt for work. Thats only a few of my questions. Ive never got a piercing/tattoo before, and no im not 12 im 21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

First of all I'll mention that there have already been several threads on this topic in the past, try doing a search for them and see if any of the information already mentioned is of some help to you. I'll answer your questions anyway though.
    Firstly is there much chance of infection after getting the piercing?
    This depends entirely on the individual (how well your body heals and such), and how well you look after the piercing. If you mess with it while it is healing (keep taking it out, pawing at it with dirty hands, handling it roughly, etc.) there is a much greater chance of infection. It is also very important that you clean it properly with a suitable solution (saline solution is your best option) during the healing process.
    Also how long does it take to heal and can you take it out? Would i have to leave it when playing football and things like that?
    Again, it depends on the individual. It can take anything from a couple of months up to year to heal properly. You won't be able to take it out until it is properly healed (unless you want to risk infection, bleeding, etc.), so taking it out to play football is not an option.

As it is a very sensitive piercing and is prone to snagging on clothing (which can be very painful during healing), you would be wise to take some kind of precaution to protect it while playing sports, for example by placing tape over it to stop it from snagging or being ripped out by physical contact during a game.
    Also does anyone who has it done or whos fella has had it done think it makes sex and better?
    It won't necessarily "make sex better", but practically all males who have it done report a definite increase in sensitivity around the nipple area, and some would go as far as to say that the increase is so much as to be almost orgasmic!
    Also, if i got it done would people know because i dont want it really to be seen under my shirt for work.
    Unless your shirts are utterly transparent/skin tight nobody is going to notice it. Unless of course you tell them :)

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Thanks mate that pretty much clears that all up for me. Cheers again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

No problem :)

Advertisement