Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bs3621 deadlock locked permanently

Options
  • 24-04-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

i fitted a new lock unfortuantely it wont open and the door is locked, i can access the cross bolt, ive tried a jigsaw with metal cutting blade, and it stops at the hardened steel pins, it doesnt even mark them, i tried drilling them and again no joy. will an angle grider cut it? il buy one tomorrow,thanks:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi lomb,

I take it you can get access between the door and frame ?

I had to cut one a long time ago, the saving graces were I could access it from the outside and the door was timber not pvc because I reckon that pvc would have been ruined from the sparks.

You will need very good quality blades and a steady hand with the best eye protection you can get, if the grinder is started even slightly off square you could damage the door or frame.

Take it slow because the hardened steel won't cut fast anyway and it gives you the chance to keep the grinder under control there is very little if any room for forgiveness if the blade jumps or jams.

Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

thanks took your advice, just finished cutting it and putting in a new lock. door not too badly damaged, nothing pollyfilla wont fix anyway.
    it takes a while as u say,but at least its done:)

Advertisement