Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MPG? (noy a thread about what your mpg is)

Options
  • 24-04-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

When showing MPG or calculating it in a car here (or anywhere slse in europe) is it measured by UK or US gallons? My manual gives a figure of 29 mpg. Thing is though, 1 litre is 3.78 ish US gallons, but its 4.5 UK gallons.

Incidentally 1 litre is .0035 UK hogshead.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Dont mean to be a nit picker.. but u got it backwards :D 1 litre=0.26417US Gallons=0.21997UK Gallons
    and anything printed over here (europe) would be UK gallons...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was confused for a wee sec, but I see your measurements are just back to front.

4.5L is 1 UK gallon?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah sorry bout that , wasnt paying attention. So would that not mean that the americans arnt actually as bad as we thought. If im getting 23 mpg = 5.11 MPL and the american getting 23 mpg is getting just over 6 MPL. So in rerality his 19MPG is the same as our 23 MPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Europe its 4.454 litres per gallon

Advertisement