Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riemann Hypothesis

• 24-04-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

I have just finished The Music of the Primes by Marcus du Sautoy. I enjoyed it immensely and would like to delve deeper into the Riemann Hypothesis and zeta function/landscape. Can anyone recommend a good introductory text?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

I enjoyed it immensely and would like to delve deeper into the Riemann Hypothesis and zeta function/landscape.

First of all the bible on the Riemann Zeta Function is:
    Riemann's Zeta Function
    This is the book if you want to know everything there is to know about the problem, you don't need formal mathematical training and it's dirt cheap.

Another good book is this:
    Prime Obsession
    Although it might be a bit of a repeat of what you've already read.

It's a great topic to get into, lots of depth, still unproven and you can become an expert on it in no time.

Any questions, just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭piraka

son goku

Thanks for the info. Book has being ordered.

Advertisement