Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to DVD

• 24-04-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Is it difficult to use my PC to convert my old tapes to DVD. Do I have to shell out for new hardware/software. I have Sonic on my PC and there appears to be a function for capturing video. Is it as simple as getting a cable from my VCR to my PC, press play and let Sonic capture the video before burning it onto DVD?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

am...not quite..you'll need something to capture the video hardware wise. something with coax, composite or svideo in, depending on what your vcr has..

check out www.hauppauge.co.uk for some very good cards, most can be ordered from komplett.

otheriwse, it's possible to feed your vhs through a camcorder into the computer, you'll have to google that to get a guide

Advertisement