Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S-Video cable for iPod

• 24-04-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi, I currently have my iPod hooked up to my tv via the apple av leads.
    However the leads wont reach both my amp and my tv so to even just listen to music I have to turn the tv on. The real pain tho is if I'm playing my xbox 360 or whatever and I want to listen to my iPod through the amp, I have to unplug it.I dont want to hook the iPod through the 360 either.
    So I see on the iPod dock an S-Video out...
    And on my tv there is an S-Video in... so happy days, I thought, but the number of pins for each os different, 4 on the tv and 7 on the iPod dock...
    The tv is this http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/99557/art/samsung/le32r51-hd-ready-32-82cm.html
    and it is the standard Apple AV dock.
    Can anyone recommend the correct cable for me or point me in the right direction? All I can seem to find is 4pin to 4pin...

And before you all start about the quality, its fine for me through the av cables so I cant imagine its any worse with S-Video.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

do the 4 on the cable line up with 4 on the dock? if might work anyweay then...

I'll try it for you when i get home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

Im not sure because I dont have a cable to test with! Didnt want to buy one in case it wasnt going to work. If you can test it thatd be great thanks

Any update on that mate?

sorry..completely slipped my mind..I'll have a look tonight for you..

im guessin u forgot again?!

• Advertisement

okay, so the cable fits anway, a standard 4 pin cable fits into the svideo port on the dock..I'll try hooking it to the tv when my gf is finished watching the soaps

Not to worry mate got it hooked up and its working grand. Thanks

Advertisement