Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2x11 connection to later episode...

• 24-04-2006 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

US-pace related post... SPOILER BELOW

Interesting piece of dialogue I spotted while channel-flicking tonight which we all thought was important at the time we saw 2x11 originally, but which only now (having seen 2x17) makes sense...

Locke: Why did you pick that name?
    Sawyer (thinking he means 'Mr Clean'): Ain't it obvious? All you need is an earring and a mop.
    Locke: No, your name.Why did you pick "Sawyer"?
    Sawyer: What do you mean, "pick"?
    Locke: After the census, Hurley gave me the flight manifest. Your name is James, right? James Ford. What's it to you? Just an interesting name to choose, is all. Who'd you get it from?
    Sawyer: Who says I got it from anybody?

Those who are following a particular theory
    - that it is Locke's father who is the con man who originally cheated Sawyer's mother and caused her husband to hill her and himself - will see the connection above! I think it's pretty obvious the name means something to Locke - because his father used it too.

Just thought it was worth bringing the scene back up again, considering what is revealed later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya i can defo see that happening... we'll probably see a sawyer flashback soon and it'll be locke dad conning his family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

they made that as obvious as they possibly could i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Looks like we will find this out in season 3 lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

they made that as obvious as they possibly could i thought

Up until 2x11 (and this scene), I don't think it was much more than a theory for fans. Yes, there were pointers to it, but it was only with the 2x17 serial con work of Anthony Cooper that it became a sure thing. And even then I suspect most non-message board reading fans are still unaware of the connection.

Advertisement