Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV above radiator, good idea???

• 24-04-2006 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Got a new JVC LCD TV and was wondering has anyone ever placed one above there radiator. Seems to be the sweetest place to wall hang it given the shape of the room and the way the room is layed out. I would be placing the TV about a metre and a half above a radiator. Anyone have any experience with this or is it just a bad idea. Was thinking of putting a shelf just below the TV also for dvd player PS2 and what-not, might disperse the heat from the radiator a little I dont know. Anyway just wondering what people think.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Read the manual for the TV and find the highest ambient operating temperature. You'd be suprised, sometimes these things are made for hotter climates than Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Never thought of that good idea cheers. Just checked it there, no mention of operating temp or max. temp unfortunately. Ill have a browse on the JVC site to see if I can find any details.

Advertisement