Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glazer suffers a stroke

• 24-04-2006 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4940368.stm

Reported on the BBC site earlier. By the looks of things he was hit quite hard by it, and is suffereing some mobility and speech issues (as can be expected at this early stage).

Whiule I understand that his sons look after the day to day running at OT, I wonder will this have any impact on the club?

I'm also sure that all football fans will wish him a speedy and healthy recovery.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wish him a speedy recovery the poor guy. Hope he is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Easter sunday? is this the first thats being reported of it? Seems odd that nothing was leaked. Pretty rare in this day and age. Hope he has a quick recovery.

didnt think he was as old as 78. I can never understand how people get to that age and still keep going in business, I hope to be long retired at that stage, hopefully with as much money as him and enjoying it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Heard this on Newstalk 106 tonight. I wonder how they managed to keep it quiet for so long.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i'd say it was cos it happended in the states and took a while to filter over! the man doesnt look 78 all the same....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Stekelly wrote:
    didnt think he was as old as 78. I can never understand how people get to that age and still keep going in business, I hope to be long retired at that stage, hopefully with as much money as him and enjoying it.
    He's still going as he's a money-grasper who cares little about anything else. Orr at least that's how other people closer to him than I am, including members of his family, have described him.

I doubt this will impact on Old Trafford as he's never set foot in the place, so why would it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement