Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastern European Apartments

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

where is the best place to invest property in Eastern Europe?

Ive been thinking slovenia because of its natural beauty. People tell me poland is a country on the up and apartments are real cheap. Sczecin is just 1.5 hours from Berlin and a new apartment there costs less then 40K!

any advice on cheap apartments on up and coming places?

ps - the hey all is not ment to be in the title of this thread! sorry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I hear Bulgaria is the de rigeur location to buy property in the region you're talking about. Poland, ach, I wouldn't know about that now, isn't that country losing all it's young to this country and the UK?, is it not reminiscent of the Ireland of yesterday?. It depends on what you're investing in the property for really, personal use or to try and make a profit through renting and future sale?. I'd think long and hard about investing in that part of the world, I know everyone is doing it but I can't see the fiscal benefits, sure, these countries in time will benefit from their recent inclusion into the EU by the means of grants and EU directives but I can't see this being a major factor for a long, long time. Maybe this is just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 face-the-phase

Hey i was snowboarding there in febuary. Its a beautiful resort with some great slopes. Its close to Krakow, about 2 hours drive or you can fly into sloavkia some where its about an hours drive from there. Houses there are about £40,000 or apartments from £25,000. Its also a great place for the summer with hill walking and beautiful lake's. :D

Advertisement