Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

998cc to 1800cc insurance up only €20 ?

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

i'm moving from a nissan micra 00 to nissan primera (1.8 not 100% on the cc) any my broker told me my insurance would be 1500e, where it was 1480e last/this year on the micra.

i've a full license 6 years i'm 27, live in dublin and have 1 years no claim bonus, the quote is for fully comp.

i'm not complaining, just wondering why it's only €20 more as the primera is nearly twice the cc ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

GobShi7e wrote:
    i'm moving from a nissan micra 00 to nissan primera (1.8 not 100% on the cc) any my broker told me my insurance would be 1500e, where it was 1480e last/this year on the micra.

i've a full license 6 years i'm 27, live in dublin and have 1 years no claim bonus, the quote is for fully comp.

i'm not complaining, just wondering why it's only €20 more as the primera is nearly twice the cc ? :confused:

you will have 1 year more NCB this year than last and are one year older, approaching 30 the premiums decrease as does the loading for larger engines, sometimes.

Honestly there is no way of knowing what or why a particular combination of details is higher or lower than another. There is NO transparency in the insurance industry here.

In the UK there are categories for all cars so at least there is some indication of the scale a particular model will be on. Here it seems the companies just make it up based on whims, certain cos have high loadings on particular cars well out of the range that others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 GobShi7e

John R wrote:
    In the UK there are categories for all cars so at least there is some indication of the scale a particular model will be on. Here it seems the companies just make it up based on whims, certain cos have high loadings on particular cars well out of the range that others do.

yeah it's a bit of a joke alright, thankfully it's only €20 more, i wasn't going to get it until i heard what the insurance was. just need €400+ now for the tax :rolleyes:.

i'm getting the primera for 5K off a mate ;), and i'll get 4.5k+ for the micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

GobShi7e wrote:

Maybe it's because you only have 1 year's NCB, but that actually seems like quite a high premium for a 27 year old. There seem to be 21 year olds on provisionals on this forum who are getting similar - if not cheaper - quotes. I would seriously shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The €20 probably covers printing and sending you out a new insurance cert and disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats a very good insurance quote.what company was that with.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

To Be honest that quote seems a bit high to me!!
    I got a quote for my new car - Ford Focus 1.6 TiVct of €1000
    I am 24 and prov licence and 2 yrs NCB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 GobShi7e

drdre wrote:
    thats a very good insurance quote.what company was that with.
    thanks
    the quote is with AXA via mike murphy broker

i rang quinn direct and they told me 1700e.. my insurance is up on the 1st of june, so i'll ring more places before then. i would of taught quinn direct would of been cheaper than that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

GobShi7e wrote:
    the quote is with AXA via mike murphy broker

i rang quinn direct and they told me 1700e.. my insurance is up on the 1st of june, so i'll ring more places before then. i would of taught quinn direct would of been cheaper than that..

thanks keep us updated as whats the cheapest you find.it looks like mike murphy is insure.ie as try going into the car section and insure.ie website opens up.have you any more info.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

Thats a high qote. I'm 23 on a provisional and drive a 1.8 litre car and my quote is the same. By the way it costs EXACT same for me to switch over to my 2 litre mercedes as well, I'm sure you can get a cheaper quote.

Advertisement