Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poss Gas leak

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey folks I have a smell of what i'm sure is gas coming up from under the floor in my house. I dont know why there would be a leak except for some cement that got at the joints on the pipe when I was building a step over it?
    Anyway was wondering if theres anyway to check the gas pressure myself or do I have to pay a plumber to come out? Or will bord gais have a look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Contact Bord Gáis.
    24-hour Emergency Service on 1850 20 50 50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I had a similar smell and called Bord Gáis who arrived in less than an hour - it wasn't gas though. I lifted floor boards as the house was being rewired and I think it was just a 'natural' smell. I could have sworn it was gas. Best bet is to call Bord Gáis. Better safe than sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

yeah bord gais don't charge for calling out and checking if there is a leak so ya may as well ring bord gais emergency:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭awishawash

Thanks for the replies lads. Got a bord gais guy out this morning, who says there is a leak, but couldnt find it. So he has turned my gas off and certified to that fact. I now have no heating, and no way of checking for where the leak is, as the gas is off. I have nice new hardwood floors, so am gonna have to get them ripped up to locate it. I had a plumber out originally to relocate the pipe who must have done a bodgy job, but I paid him cash so he probably wont come back. Anybody recommend a decent gas engineer/plumber south dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Bummer. At least the weather isn't too cold. I'd try get the original plumber back - he may be honest and rectify his mistake. It's worth a go before calling in somebody who will charge you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement