Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price fixing at the pumps!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kluivert wrote:
    Is there any chance of organising a protest or something like no one in ireland enter a forecourt for two days. I only fill up once a week anyway so it wudnt make a difference but i think a two day stopage would seriously scare these boys

How exactly would a 2 day protest scare them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kluivert wrote:
    I started driving in that year and thought that the price on petrol was grand til December 02.

I think the price of petrol like everything else went up with the introduction of the Euro in 2002.

Is there any chance of organising a protest or something like no one in ireland enter a forecourt for two days. I only fill up once a week anyway so it wudnt make a difference but i think a two day stopage would seriously scare these boys
    man you only fill up once a week.relax you or we cannot do anything to change the prices.but anyway keep trying.

drdre wrote:
    man you only fill up once a week.relax you or we cannot do anything to change the prices.but anyway keep trying.

We can all do something to reduce prices - only buy petrol in cheaper forecourts. Competition cannot work when consumers won't shop around.

Anan1 wrote:
    We can all do something to reduce prices - only buy petrol in cheaper forecourts. Competition cannot work when consumers won't shop around.

yeah i do that. i buy from the same petrol station for the past while as its cheapest in the area.but think about it you really wonot save that much as by the time you drive around looking for a good price you will waste petrol.really

drdre wrote:
    yeah i do that. i buy from the same petrol station for the past while as its cheapest in the area.but think about it you really wonot save that much as by the time you drive around looking for a good price you will waste petrol.really

That's true, but there's a bigger picture too. Petrol stations charge higher prices because people won't shop around. If we all bought from the cheapest places then the more expensive ones would be forced to lower their prices or go out of business.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    That's true, but there's a bigger picture too. Petrol stations charge higher prices because people won't shop around. If we all bought from the cheapest places then the more expensive ones would be forced to lower their prices or go out of business.

yes and no.not many people shop around as when they need petrol they wonot drive 5 miles down the road to save just say 10 euro.its most convience.so i donot think its possible but as i said its my own opinion.

drdre wrote:
    yes and no.not many people shop around as when they need petrol they wonot drive 5 miles down the road to save just say 10 euro.its most convience.so i donot think its possible but as i said its my own opinion.

That's what I just said. Read my post again, s-l-o-w-l-y.;)

Anan1 wrote:
    That's what I just said. Read my post again, s-l-o-w-l-y.;)

I have read it S-L-O-W-L-Y :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eorpach wrote:
    I know that petrol derives from Oil, and I know that barrels of Oil are mostly traded in US Dollars. But then I also know that the US Dollar is now at its weakest point against our currency than anytime over the past 7 months (0.79 EURO buys 1 USD, or to put it another way 1 Irish PUNT would but 1.59 USD).
    Why are you talking about punts?

Tell you what, go away and work out the cost of a litre of crude at say quarterly intervals over the last few years and compare that to the changes in the price of petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

drdre wrote:

I always keep an eye on fuel prices as I am on the road, and when I see a place that is cheaper than the daily/weekly average, I pop in and fill up, even if I am only 1/4 empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Am the same as prospect buy petrol in the cheapest place after all petrol is petrol no matter where you get it.

Advertisement