Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VCD on DVD??????

• 25-04-2006 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi there.

Probably a silly question but I am ignorant to technology. I bought these VCD's from Malaysia and tried to get them to work on my DVD player. At 1st, I thought it wouldn't work as it was taking ages to load. But after a minute or two it started. Happy days.

But then my wife made me switch it off to watch eastenders. When I tried to start it again, the dvd player took ages to load and then said "NO DISC".

What can I do?!??!?! Please help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

sparky360 wrote:
    Hi there.

Probably a silly question but I am ignorant to technology. I bought these VCD's from Malaysia and tried to get them to work on my DVD player. At 1st, I thought it wouldn't work as it was taking ages to load. But after a minute or two it started. Happy days.

But then my wife made me switch it off to watch eastenders. When I tried to start it again, the dvd player took ages to load and then said "NO DISC".

What can I do?!??!?! Please help!!!!

A few things:

What DVD player have you got?
    Make, model

Goto http://www.videohelp.com/ and check if your model supports VCD properly.

Perhaps the disks are corrupt or bad quality
    So,check if the disks work on a pc using VLC player.
    Use google to download it - its free. Or follow the links in my sig.

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Thanks for that. The VCD works grand on the computer. The make of my dVD player is alba 114 xi. From what I read on that site you linked, it should play fine but it doesn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

sparky360 wrote:
    Thanks for that. The VCD works grand on the computer. The make of my dVD player is alba 114 xi. From what I read on that site you linked, it should play fine but it doesn't!

Read comment on your player here. Other ppl have similar issues.
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?DVDname=Alba+114&Submit=Search&Search=Search&dvdportable=&dvdchanger=&dvdtv=&chipset=&orderby=Name&hits=25

Some ppl mention getting a firmware upgrade, so you can try that or google around for more info.

Also, cleaning the disks could help - might be a bit of a long shot though.

If worse comes to worse you could get a new player - most new DVD player handle all / or most media types.

Q

Advertisement