Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sligo Safe?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Well if a few months is enough to make me an old lady then yes of course it means a lot to me!!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

damn ye, i want mollies chips now, cursed galwayness!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Go to McDonaghs and accept the second best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭RainbowBrite

Well, been to Sligo for my weekend, & I survived, so I guess it's safe enough!!

Didn't think there was a whole pile to do in the town (& the town that I'm from, that I thought was the deadest place on earth actually has far more pubs & restaurants), but we had a lovely time all the same.

One of the barmaids in...... was the grumpiest, rudest person I ever met (silly cow), everyone else was lovely though.

Liked Fidlers, thought the Velvet Room was pretty cool looking.
    B&B was lovely.
    Weather was sh!t on Sun, but went to Mullaghmore yesterday & it more than made up for it.

All n all, a lovely weekend, plus:- never saw any trouble whatsoever & walked to & from pub / nightclub each night.

(Good food too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

One of the barmaids in ..... was the grumpiest, rudest person I ever met (silly cow), everyone else was lovely though.

All n all, a lovely weekend, plus:- never saw any trouble whatsoever & walked to & from pub / nightclub each night.

(Good food too)
    The one in .....? In her 40's with g hair. If so, she's been working there for the past 10 years.

See.. told you it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Where'd you have food? Fiddlers? Yum!

PS - You didn't call up for tea.. was disappointed! :D

Edited by muffler. basquille you should know better than post that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭RainbowBrite

No, this girl was only mid 20's edited

Please don't get her mixed up with a very pleasant, slighty plumper girl who had 2 V short pony tails on either side of her head, she was lovely.

As for the tea, you didn't give me your address, only for that I'd ave popped in for a chat!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ahh right.. don't know many of the staff there anyways.

PS - apologies muffler! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No, this girl was only mid 20's edited

Please don't get her mixed up with a very pleasant, slighty plumper girl who had 2 V short pony tails on either side of her head, she was lovely.

As for the tea, you didn't give me your address, only for that I'd ave popped in for a chat!!!

RainbowBrite, I think a general outline of your weekends activities is sufficient. We cant select and criticise an individual and describe her in detail and name the place she works. That matter should have been taken up with the proprietor at the time.

I hope you did enjoy your weekend though and next time come to Donegal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    RainbowBrite,

I hope you did enjoy your weekend though and next time come to Donegal ;)

Darn right, it's bigger as well ;) , but then, I am prejudiced in favour of the Twin-Towns of Ballybofey/Stranorlar.Where it's 'as safe' as a House on fire ! Plus you get 2 towns for the price of one :) .

P. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement