Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anne Rice

Options
  • 25-04-2006 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just finished reading Interview with the Vampire, the first of the Vampire Chronicles, and enjoyed it a lot.

I want to know if it matters in what order the other books are read, because the local library has some of them but not The Vampire Lestat, which is the next published one.

/edit.

I have also read Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt and thought it was excellent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Anne Rice can get a bit confusing alright as she would publish books from the Vampire Chronicles and then the odd book about a separate vampire either not associated with the chronicles at all or a minor character on the fringes. I'll have a look at my books this evening then post the list of books in order 2mrw. I would recommend though that you read THE VAMPIRE LESTAT next, it would stand on its own ok but if you're intending to read the rest it's easier in the long run to read them in order. It's confusing enough already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I've been threatening to read this saga for about two years now, this thread is ominous so I'm going to buy the first one tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder:D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

I'd read them in order if I was you. The content will make more sense if you do and you'll enjoy them more. Hard books to put down when you get into them (well I enjoyed em anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Bought Interview with a Vampire for 20 cent in a charity shop..only half way through it so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I devoured the entire series in a year when I was younger. I've forgotten most of it but I recal the complex relationships between characters, it would be easiest and most enjoyable to read them in series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I think Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned should be read in order. After that it doesn't really matter.

Advertisement