Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Nokia Car Kit Problem

Options
  • 25-04-2006 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I got one of the new Nokia car kits (for the 6230i) fitted on my Golf MKIV last week, but any time I'm on a call, I get feedback from the radio, the type you'd usually hear when a call is about to come through. The weird thing is, I get it when the radio is powered off :confused:

Is there any way of blocking this? I know the kit is wired to the radio to mute it when a call comes through but I didn't think it would effect the radio when it's turned off:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

It shouldnt effect it even if the radio is turned on mate. its wired wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Well I used to keep my phone in the pocket above the radio and I always did get feedback. On both Golfs I owned. The fitter said it is a problem with the Golf radios and there's not much you can do about it...is that true?

I think thats bull to be honest. some golfs can be a pain to wire just like my astra is it a newish golf ?

It's a 01. The guy seemed to know what he was doing and otherwise did a great job. Should I call him about it and what should I say?

It just doesnt make sense. why did he fit the car kit in the first place if it wasnt going to work properly? I know there is some mad thing up with certain wires that need to be split etc. Defo shouldnt be static m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

i have had car kits fitted in both my MkIV golf and MKV golf..In the MKIV one there was never any feedback and the phone was always in the cradle...With the MKV i have a bluetooth one and very rarely there is radio feedback. I just move the phone away a bit and its fine. My friend fitted it both ocassions (and he isnt a professional fitter). I would ring the installer back and explain the problem

OK so I went out and checked it out with my 7210 and 6230, and my mates 6210i. They all do the same but I realized its not as bad as I thought - the feedback starts just as the call is connecting, for about 5 seconds. Then it fades out and doesnt really happen again during the call.

Because this would happen already without the car kit when the phone was in the pocket above the radio, I don't think much can be done and that there's not much point in going back to the fitter. Hope its the right decision...

Advertisement