Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Build Started

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

moonboy wrote:
    this whole thing is ridiculous.

Lads, this could still be complete búllshít ..... sorry now but i wouldn't believe a word of it, i lost the rag there in my first post but thinking back on it ... its very far fetched. There is no way it is as described.

Is there any levelheaded reasoned individual in contact with any of the officials from the park? Would it be possible to get a plausible update on what is actually happening?

Lads ...... it might seem like a laugh, causing a bit of strife etc. but conjecture and rumour can be very dangerous in this kind of situation. Please see sense and not post anything that does contribute meaningfully to the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucan skatepark

fair enough if u dont believe me. the delays are not 100% sure but it defintly wont be open in the next 2 to 3 weeks. but the council havent taken very kindly to the graffiti . and u also forgot that the council over react to alot of things cheers

steven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

i never said once i was a represenative. i registered especcially for this matter. ive been in contact with derek keating. as for you not believeing about the tagging check out the lucan gazzette there is an article in it today about it. i think its available in celbridge if not lucans only down the road. maybe someone could get a scan. and tagging it will hold up as it is a council building and the skateboarders and roller bladers will ge tthe blame as this hasnt happened before the park was built. as for me giving out names this is for the sole purpose of teaching them a lesson.
    oh and one more thing. If the people who did the graffiti are reading this derke keating has a list of your names (i dont know how) and the local skaters know who you are and you will NEVER EVER set foot in that skatepark ever again
    Random thoughts - it's arguable that if tagging has caused a load of sh.it at the council before the park is open for use, then deflecting criticism at skaters/bladers/bmxers should be straightforward, particularly when local gougers have tried to smash the place up before it's done.

Post up the tags of the same f.uckwits which have caused all this sh.it to kick off - somebody will recognise it and hopefully be able to give a few of them a bit of a kicking. Little bit of pain never hurt anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 guitar man

moonboy , grow the **** up u ass hole, there is better tings 2 worry about then my spelling, u immature sap.. worry bout skating, dats more important...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

guitar man wrote:
    moonboy , grow the **** up u ass hole, there is better tings 2 worry about then my spelling, u immature sap.. worry bout skating, dats more important...:cool:
    yikes. we're all a bit mad today. firstly, last time i checked i was grown up. its a general requirement on these boards not to use stupid text talk. leave that to your "txt msgs".
    and eh, i dont think ill worry about skating.

anyway sorry to pull it off topic.
    carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Pissed-Off!

Just took a trip up to the park with ***** and had a chat with the Manager, The delays arent definate but we were told that the Council took the wrong approach to Everything, Including the building of the park, CCTV and fencing should have been put up first! Anyone in the area will recognise the tags, and will know who they are, Thats how "lucan_skatepark" can tell you the names, I also have the names of all those involved! Im Very pissed off about the whole thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

thisisdiriculous047.jpg

thisisdiriculous045.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pissed-Off!

There's your fuc.kin proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

lets all just hope for a happy ending.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

smois wrote:
    thisisdiriculous047.jpg

thisisdiriculous045.jpg

Am I right in saying that this community centre is right next to the skatepark? Is this why the link's been made between a park under construction and a rash of really terrible, brutal, talentless scribbles that any 2 year could top? All that does is prove the taggers to be the worthless c.unts they are - f.ucking retards.
    Anybody here honestly think that skateparks and spots should have graffiti and tags all over them? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

fisheye wrote:
    Am I right in saying that this community centre is right next to the skatepark? Is this why the link's been made between a park under construction and a rash of really terrible, brutal, talentless scribbles that any 2 year could top? All that does is prove the taggers to be the worthless c.unts they are - f.ucking retards.
    Anybody here honestly think that skateparks and spots should have graffiti and tags all over them? Why?
    its right beside the park. graffitti and skateboardin etc. should not be associated with each other in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

everybody take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Play nice and obey the rules or you will politely be shown the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

oh no grafitti, it burns it burns!

the centre looks ****e anyway? tagging doesn't make it anyworse, they are going to have to accept it and not shut down everytime the place is tagged.

its like this electrcity hut on the strip of park in donaghmede, there was one of those stupid article in the northside people about it attracting trouble, people hanging around drinking and graffiti, yes that is happening but the coucil said they'd move it and put it under ground, so now these same people are just going to hang around somewhere else, it was just a fixture to gather at lean at, get a bit of privacy(to drink :P), when its gone they'll be sitting on somebody's garden wall, bet they will like that even less, this skatepark will attract people, build it robustly and learn to live with it. It will be nice to know there will a skating elite out there, judging who is good enough to skate on it.

I hope they put in vandal proof fixtures. ie solid robust ones, not ones with that extravagent

well the actual article makes to link between the skatepark and the graffitti, which is a good thing. they actually make the skatepark out to be a victim of anti social behaviour in the area - which is true, so i cant see there being a major delay towards the skatepark opening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i know for a fact if it came down to it, the skating community (my group anyways) would work on cleaning the walls if it was any help, even if we didnt do it.

Its a crying shame.

Hey dunc! You been out yet?

red_ice wrote:
    i know for a fact if it came down to it, the skating community (my group anyways) would work on cleaning the walls if it was any help, even if we didnt do it.

Its a crying shame.

id say we would round here , but theres no confirmation of a delay to the park. but if there was and it was bout the graff we clean it up. its the councils fault for not puttin up cameras first or proper fences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

red_ice wrote:

Its a crying shame.

location = nowhere near anything in Ireland atm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

i think itd be cool if people did real graffiti art on the raps, but not tagging like, some REAL art....now thatd be pretty sweet, none of that bull**** "anto was ere" crap!

i think theyre thinkin off gettin somethin to do wwith the lucan park goin across the quarters, but they have to get permission first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Liffey Champion this week managed to cover the grafitti without blaming the presence of the skatepark or even mentioning it. Amazingly, for them, they didn't blame the wrong people or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Things seem to have been sorted a bit more now. The management of the sports centre have calmed down a bit and seem to realise that the skaters are as pissed off about the vandalism as they are. The problem now is that for the skatepark to open sooner rather than later requires the club to get up and running properly. So if you're local and can help out please do.

I think if the club can be shown to be popular and well organised club members will be the first to gain access. I don't think it will be fully open (to non members ) untill CCTV and flood lighting is installed and that'll be another 6 weeks or so.
    I didn't manage to attend the meeting yesterday (car broke) so if anyone on here was at it feel free to correct any of the above.

Here is the old form for joining the club no matter where you're from please print it off and send it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

skate4evr wrote:
    i think itd be cool if people did real graffiti art on the raps, but not tagging like, some REAL art....now thatd be pretty sweet, none of that bull**** "anto was ere" crap!
    Yeah like those mural things in barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

thisisdiriculous045.jpg
    Some dumbass stole my tag name and made it look ****e

shagman wrote:
    Things seem to have been sorted a bit more now. The management of the sports centre have calmed down a bit and seem to realise that the skaters are as pissed off about the vandalism as they are. The problem now is that for the skatepark to open sooner rather than later requires the club to get up and running properly. So if you're local and can help out please do.

I think if the club can be shown to be popular and well organised club members will be the first to gain access. I don't think it will be fully open (to non members ) untill CCTV and flood lighting is installed and that'll be another 6 weeks or so.
    I didn't manage to attend the meeting yesterday (car broke) so if anyone on here was at it feel free to correct any of the above.

Here is the old form for joining the club no matter where you're from please print it off and send it in
    send it to the centre? i cant remember if im a member or not. i might have done it online

your not a member casue u havin bothered ur arse goin to any of the meetings were membership is available even tho u only 15 mins away:D

smois wrote:
    your not a member casue u havin bothered ur arse goin to any of the meetings were membership is available even tho u only 15 mins away:D
    haha , well i have done a lot some how or another if you think really hard about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

MYOB wrote:
    The Liffey Champion this week managed to cover the grafitti without blaming the presence of the skatepark or even mentioning it. Amazingly, for them, they didn't blame the wrong people or anything.

but but the building look terrible, wtf are those block up windows? *peers*

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sanitarium

but but the building look terrible, wtf are those block up windows? *peers*

Your name sums how I feel about this Park. I dont think it will ever be done. :(

• Advertisement

the park is done, its been finished for over a week now, and all of the proper fences have been put up. they should at least let us in now. the cameras can be put while were skatin it. and its summer so we dont really need to wait for the lights, its fvckin bullsh1t. If the parks not open next week theres somethin seriously wrong with this council

Advertisement