Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericsson K700i

• 25-04-2006 11:32am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I just managed to sort out the replying-to-o2-webtexts problem with this phone and now the joystick has decided to go part-time and only work when it feels like it. Must have a good union.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Should I give up and just go back to good old Nokia?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I never had a joystick problem with the k700i or the other variants (k500i etc) but I do know people who've had trouble with them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah mine is a nightmare sometimes.
    Dont' give up on them, they are much better phones then Nokia in terms of looks and functionality. They just need to go back to the much-loved jog-dial wheel on the side (which they are doing for the w950i, in addition to the touch screen!) Just wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sleipnir wrote:
    Dont' give up on them, they are much better phones then Nokia in terms of looks and functionality.

No other phones can compete with the Nokia Symbian platform :cool:

Well...apart from the Sendo and Siemens phones running Symbian OS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The joystick always seems to stop working on SE's. AFAIK, it's not covered by warranty as it's cause by dust getting under your joystick.
    I find non joystick keypads never seem to give as much trouble.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

OK guys thanks for the info, ill see if it clears up because I HATE sending phones in to be repaired.

1) Half the time they can't fix it
    2) It takes ages while you're left with some relic that so old its come back into fashion
    3) They manage to wipe everything on it. Messages, notes, calendar dates.

Useless, so they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

taconnol wrote:
    3) They manage to wipe everything on it. Messages, notes, calendar dates.

Well it's deliberate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

My K700i's joystick has decided to act up also , is there any info. online on doing self-repairs or cleaning ? really love the phone but starting to get annoyed with the Joystick problems ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

My k700i joystick has been acting up in the last few months. The scroll down doesn't always work and I have to do it a couple of times for it to respond. It's intermittent though.

The phone has been giving me all sorts of grief recently in other ways though. It is constantly dying on me at the worst times.

Several times when I've received a call, as soon as I answer it, the phone shuts down, playing the little bubble animation. A lot of the time when that happens it refuses to turn back on until I physically take out the battery and put it back in again. Very frustrating :(

Anybody know if this could be a battery issue and if so can a replacement be bought easily enough?

It may well be a bigger problem - may have dropped it once too often!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Pythia wrote:
    Well it's deliberate.
    It may be deliberate but it is incredibly annoying. Also, the sales assistants never warn/remind you that your phone is going to be wiped. I know this now, but lots of people don't.

Also, when I sent my phone into Meteor, the techinicans removed all the software and reinstalled an older version of the software - good going guys. Pats on the back all round

Advertisement