Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Interactive

• 25-04-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭

Will NTL ever off this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They could do with making sure their schedules update correctly first, then maybe tackle the terrible stuttering and feed reliability for BBC4 and More4.

And then maybe try offering interactive stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd say they'll be a bit busy trying to a) get the re-brand done and b) try to bring some semblance of order to the countless-knows-how-many-systems-and-product offerings the new Chorus/NTL entity has..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd agree with BuffyBot on that one.

Plus, I'd say a PVR system woudl be more important than an interactive service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i wish thy did offer this then maybe i wouldnt have missed the last few frames off the snooker on monday night was raging when thy said the last frames could only be viewed thru interactive !:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

jobonar wrote:
    i wish thy did offer this then maybe i wouldnt have missed the last few frames off the snooker on monday night was raging when thy said the last frames could only be viewed thru interactive !:mad:

I know it all too well.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Their new CEO is starting on May 1st and his first job will be to unite Corus and NTL operations (which is more than just a re-brand); I'd say neither service will offer anything new (besides some new channels, perhaps.. higher BB speeds to stay competitive etc.) until that is done, then they'll probably re-launch the united service under the UPC banner and will include new stuff like interactive, PVR etc. in order to show how new and fancy they are... won't be this year IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jobonar wrote:

thats a great thing about the BBC. their interactive content. they make great use of it. no need for any of the useless mutiple camera angle crap Sky provide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Sky News Active is well handy. They show streaming from the 'skycopter' when there is a big story like the bank robbery. When one of the people arrested was being transported the skycopter followed the police van all the way down the motorway and streamed it on interactive, was good.

i was referring to the interactive sports coverage but yes the Sky News Active is extremely handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i was referring to the interactive sports coverage but yes the Sky News Active is extremely handy
    That is good, the fanzone screen has funny commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Mossy Monk wrote:
    thats a great thing about the BBC. their interactive content. they make great use of it. no need for any of the useless mutiple camera angle crap Sky provide

Have to agree there, the Snooker and Wimbeldon coverage are great examples of great interactive content; the likes of Sky News Active and even BBC News Interactive is alright, but in reality they both (mainly) just show you content you'll get on the regular service if you wait long enough... that said it's great to be able to watch entire press conferences/speeches even if they channel dont think it's worthy of a dedicated broadcast.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Yup, I would agree with that. The Beeb sure do make proper use of their BBCi service. Can be unfortunate for those who don't have BBCi though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

is the snooker on bbci available in ireland, i thought that like broadcasts on the website it was offlimits to viewers outside the UK

BBCi is not encrypted so yes, it is available in Ireland. if the BBC didnt want people in Ireland to see something on satellite then those in the UK wouldnt be allowed to see it either

Advertisement