Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

widescreen res. possible on standard 4mb S3 virge card?

Options
  • 25-04-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Have an old S3 Virge DX/GX Gfx Card. Havent gotten around to purchasing a new card yet after overclocking the other one too far:rolleyes: . Was wondering is it possible to display widescreen via this gfx card (I have an LCD TV plugged into the VGA port)

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Might depend on the make and manufacturer of the card but the 8MB S3 Virge cards supported up to 1600x1200 I think but I'm not sure about support for wisescreen resolutions.

You might have to use something like Powerstrip to force a custom resolution or set your display to run at 1024x768 or something like that, most widescreen displays support that resolution.

Simple thing to do is to try and see if it works.

Advertisement