Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL wireless modem

• 25-04-2006 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I read on this board (or another as I can't find it back), that NTL on particular occasion could provide a free wireless modem.
    As far as I remember, it depends if we the modem is far enough of the computer...

am I right? Am I not?

If there's a way to get that modem, how should I proceed?
    I have a laptop, that I can obviously carry anywhere in my house, but my room and desk, are on the 1st floor, other side of the house. the modem is in the living room dowstairs, with no table or desk, which is not quite confortable when I want to work (yeah for real, web design and stuff) or play (good Half-life2 on the floor... i would'nt last long ;) )

And any idea on what kind of modem it is? modem/routeur, both? wifi b/g, etc...

any helps much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you already have NTL I would think it is too late. You could get something like the Linksys WRT54GP2. It is a wireless router / 3 port switch / ATA. So you could get a good VOIP service too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 antsiou

Hi thanks for the advice, I'm looking at the price range for such a router.

Any idea anyway of where I can find the link to that offer?

I read some times ago but I can't find it anymore...

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I bought mine from http://www.blueface.ie if you get an account with them, they will preconfigure it for you too. Personally I would highly recommend Blueface. They have excellent support and I am very happy with what they offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 antsiou

I bought mine from http://www.blueface.ie if you get an account with them, they will preconfigure it for you too. Personally I would highly recommend Blueface. They have excellent support and I am very happy with what they offer.
    Thanks for the link paulm17781, but Voip will be a conversation ;) for another time... lol, I got no friends to call:D .

I was more looking for a link to this NTL offer. (free wireless modem if, etc etc...)
    I've been googling this for a while and nothing shows up...
    Maybe I wish it was a real offer :rolleyes: ...

Advertisement