Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband or Eircom

• 25-04-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

My two options for broadband are NTL Broadband, or eircom. NTL are a bit cheaper. id be going for a 3MB line. both have caps of 30gb. can anyone recommend one service over the other??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

NTL hands down. NTL will give you 6Mb for 39.99.

The real savings can be made if you cancel your landline and get a VOIP service (Blueface, Broadtalk, others). They will let you keep your phone number or give you a new one. Have a look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=542 for more info.

I have NTL BB max and Blueface freedom basic and I don't think I would ever go back to Eircon or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Lol, are you serious? There is NO contest at all: NTL.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

NTL all the way! Bye Bye Landline :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Ntl. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

I'm doing the switch over from €ircon and UTV broadband to NTL but I wasnt sure what the speed and service would be like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Maskhadov wrote:
    I'm doing the switch over from €ircon and UTV broadband to NTL but I wasnt sure what the speed and service would be like.

Better than Eircom's. That is for sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I went from Eircom -> BT -> NTL

In fairness, the quality/reliability of the broadband product from all 3 was top notch. So I didn't really have to deal with customer service from any of them.

But NTL is faster/cheaper and I want NTL TV but have no need for a landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

i have ntl installed. nice quick service. i will say how i get on. its a lot cheaper than having a phone line and UTV broadband thats for sure

Advertisement