Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you like to sit?

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

So where is everyones preferred place to sit themselves down for hours of study in the library? Or is it a case of just counting yourself lucky to actually find a place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

pimpy_c wrote:
    So where is everyones preferred place to sit themselves down for hours of study in the library? Or is it a case of just counting yourself lucky to actually find a place?

The window that overlooks the lake. Managed to synchronise my study (ie sit there doing **** all) with those people on home made rafts protesting about something. its always something in this college ive noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't study in the library. My favourite place to study is at my desk at home, or in the science block restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Well I'm at home in bed today feeling crappy and wondering how I'm ever gonna finish my history essay for tomorrow..

but usually I like to get in early and nab a spot in the laptop area in the law section. definitely the first class section of the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Theres a lot of places people dont sit that are quite good, hidden away and probably only noticeable because I'm here four years but I can never understand how nobody can not get a seat in the place.

My favourtie spots are the hidden wall place near History but only if I dont get my facing the computers near English spot.

Theres also space upstairs, there is no need if youre not inclined towards it to sit near people at all, bar one or two like minded peeps. The sit of other humans turns me off most things, study being one of them so I tend to sit at home in my little attic with my PC typing gleefully away going slowly insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

1st floor turn left. Reasons:
    1) Easy exit
    2) Fresh air
    3) Cool
    4) Natural light (soooo important)

bit too loud but I live with it. There was no seats today though:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

scop wrote:
    My favourtie spots are the hidden wall place near History but only if I dont get my facing the computers near English spot.

:confused:

Could you elaborate more on that? Where's History?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i'm always in at 9am on a monday to book myself a desk in the postgrad section. i love it dearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

history books are in the '900' area near the back of the library. everywhere is ****e in the library at this time, its more comfortable sitting beside a skanger discussing the merits of the variataions between the air max(s) on the back of a bus or studying at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

For me its on the 3rd floor by the windows looking onto the ag building. Theres loads of light, and generally lots of plug sockets for the laptop; that is when its not completly jammed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I used to sit in the law section over-looking the lake but I get far too distracted so now I go anywhere I won't know anyone. I was on the 3rd floor today but maybe the 4th floor tomorrow. Who knows? Everday is a new adventure! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

the commerce/law section - preferably at a laptop point

ahhh the commerce area... booty booty booty booty everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Generally tended to be on the first floor facing the lake too... back when I used to go to the library... back when I used to study...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Basically have to sit in law section because I'm always getting books, getting cases, getting journals, checking blackboard etc.,

So if you're taking up a space there and not using the law section, please fúck off..mmkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

Umaro wrote:
    ahhh the commerce area... booty booty booty booty everywhere...

What is the story with this? I mean it's like the AGM for The UCD hot ladies society everyday here. It's impossible to get any work done! However, take note that this is merely a comment and certainly not a complaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Roebuck!
    I've given up on coming to the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

up on the 4th floor - turn left at the top of the escalators, then go to the back of the big group of tables there. At the back are four tables in a little alcove surrounded on two sides by windows...thats me spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I like to sit on my ass! :D (sorry it had to be said...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

With all the archaeologists, we have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

:confused:

Could you elaborate more on that? Where's History?

Well somebody already pointed that out so the little spot isbeside where the windows are, theres a little section with some old ass computers and the chairs face into walls which are on both sides. It shard to explain but a quick look about youd spot it in a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I know it well, i sit down that direction too, it's nice and quiet most of the time. And is so funny when people with laptops come down and don't realise it's an electronic device free zone, plug there laptops in and can't figure out why it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Up in the 4th floor on either one of those single tables near the Web PCs. Its a great spot for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Chakar wrote:
    Up in the 4th floor on either one of those single tables near the Web PCs. Its a great spot for me anyway.
    Funny, I always see you on the second level?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

in response to the OP

On yo face!!!

ah no i hate the library i always "study" at home

Yeah that's true Firespinner but I prefer the fourth floor when I'm doing some real study not photocopying and looking up books for essays which I do on the 2nd floor.I really have to learn who is what with the peudonyms because I don't know who you are Firespinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yea I'm usually to be found up on the 4th floor, I like the nice laptop tables but with the whole study rush other non-sciencey sorts are occupying them, sometimes not even owning laptops, infuriating!!

The library is absolutely crazy at the moment as we all know and I don't know how people can study with all the noise and banging of chairs.But luckily I don't have that problem.*smug looking*

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I like to sit at the window and watch the ducks and swans. It keeps my attention off the birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I like to sit at the window and watch the ducks and swans. It keeps my attention off the birds.
    Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have a nice little spot on the 2nd level sorted so i have a window infront of me and a window to my right and a big pillar to my left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

tintinr35 wrote:
    ah no i hate the library i always "study" at home
    Ditto.

Ever since my run-in with that big Rugger-bugger who insisted that I'd move his Oompa-Loompa gf's books and, like, totally stolen her seat roysh, and that, like, he was gonna give me a good kicking. Which is ridiculous, cos if he couldn't kick his "salmon-coloured" shirt addiction I dunno why he thinks he'd be able to kick me. But I digress...

Either way. F**k the Library. Full of f**king cnuts who were nowhere to be seen when I was there in January/February. *eyes boardsies over teh web*

Advertisement