Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you like to sit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ditto.

Ever since my run-in with that big Rugger-bugger who insisted that I'd move his Oompa-Loompa gf's books and, like, totally stolen her seat roysh, and that, like, he was gonna give me a good kicking. Which is ridiculous, cos if he couldn't kick his "salmon-coloured" shirt addiction I dunno why he thinks he'd be able to kick me. But I digress...

Either way. F**k the Library. Full of f**king cnuts who were nowhere to be seen when I was there in January/February. *eyes boardsies over teh web*

LMAO Seb! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    LMAO Seb! :D
    /takes a bow
    Thank you Hermione - I think you might be the only person on this boards capable of telling when I'm joke-angry and when I'm really mad!:)

Any of the rest woulda responded with an archetypal "chillax" post...

*sigh* I'm just too subtle for these crazy kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

See, I'm just great Seb (and modest too!)

Subtlety rocks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I got it too, you know...

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ditto.

Ever since my run-in with that big Rugger-bugger who insisted that I'd move his Oompa-Loompa gf's books and, like, totally stolen her seat roysh, and that, like, he was gonna give me a good kicking. Which is ridiculous, cos if he couldn't kick his "salmon-coloured" shirt addiction I dunno why he thinks he'd be able to kick me. But I digress...

Either way. F**k the Library. Full of f**king cnuts who were nowhere to be seen when I was there in January/February. *eyes boardsies over teh web*

Me, me! I got it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Grimes wrote:
    I have a nice little spot on the 2nd level sorted so i have a window infront of me and a window to my right and a big pillar to my left.
    Thats not very nice:eek: :mad: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

only good thing about the library is the eye candy, even so i'd rather study anywhere else, the aura of tension and panic is very off putting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I have moved today to the very unusual third floor, I'm not sure if i like it, it's very open. Hmm but one must when one uses technology, forshame i fear the electronic device free areas on a day like today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

argh this place is so busy nowhere to sit if you want to go on the laptop cos all the plug desks are gone and theyve disabled most of the sockets for fear that somebody might trip in the aisle. **** sake why couldnt we just have moved the desks BESIDE the sockets instead I HATE THIS COLLEGE BUT MOST OF ALL I HATE THIS LOVELY WEATHER!!!

There's a few laptop desks free on third floor in front of the academic reading room, go in the door, turn left and left again and walk straight down, you'll see them. Two people using them left.

And it's really cold today,not at all as nice as yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I've come crawling back to the library after my stint up in Roebuck. Facing the lake, I've seen a few odd sights already today. Highlight would have to be the remote control boat club for OAP's showing off their rides on the water.

I think they're cute, sometimes you get the grandsons coming too, it reminds me of the werthers original ads, they were fun.

It's greatest when they put out the bouys for there little track, ooh and when the ducks go running, I have no view at all today. Aeration vent anyone? Didn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'm getting a remote control U-Boat... Heee Heee.....

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Did anyone see the lads playing football beside the lake earlier? One of them had to chase the ball towards the water, and nearly ended up going in himself. Pure comedy. You could see everyone watching him willing for there to be a gust of wind!

Now that sounds like some fun action, the ducks yesterday were also providing a good spectacle around half one. Two of them were having a fight on the lake, absolutely brilliant - they were dragging each other round in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

God we're pathetic!

Hey Speak for yourself!!!!!

But yeah, that's what happens, I worked out the other day that i should technically be declaring UCD as my home rather than my house in dublin or home home in cork because it's where i spend more time in any given 24 hour period than anywhere else. It's disturbing.

There's nothing wrong with being pathetic when one bothers to acknowledge it, still I think i'd rather be considered pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

What's up with the library being so busy, I assumed enough people would have assumed it would be closed for it to be quiet, so I sauntered in at 11 only to find my beloved 3rd floor laptop area full:mad: Down on the first floor now, don't like that middle floor, got told off for accidently sitting in one of the electronic device free areas:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The engineering/sciences level (4th me thinks?). Climb ye olde escalator, hang a left and that row of desks on your left again is where i can be found....most recently sniffing quite alot cuz of a bad cold...quite annoying for my fellow inmates, but fear ye not, i am not contagious!

I think boards ppl shud fold a sheet of A4 paper in half (quartered if you are so inclined), write your extremely geeky boards-name on the front and place within reading distance of passers-by at the edge of your table....crazy?we'll see who's laughing tomorrow!

Advertisement