Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo V50

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Sister bought a 05 V50 at the weekend (advised her to go for a dsg passat estate but words fell on deaf ears) and it went into limp mode there yesterday. Not nice when you got a 3hr round journy commute a day. Needless to say she is not happy with the car so far!

Its the 2 litre diesel engine which i think is shared with the focus. I was doing some searching on google and it may be the exhaust sensor.

Anyone know anything about these cars......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

Most likely the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recycling) valve. Known issue with the 2.0D. Fixes are either disable it, software update or replace it. Search on www.vvspy.com for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

let volvo deal with it. warranty. they should pay the towing and give her a replacment car while it's being fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I have had a few of these diesels do this. Usually a software update does it. Take it back to a Volvo dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ficus wrote:
    And yes volvo should pay for the towing and repair and supply a courtesy car for your sister.
    I think this is done by the RAC here (phone number on windscreen). They will supply a replacement car only after the Volvo dealer (or RAC technician) diagnose that the problem is a warranty issue. It's quite annoying really to have to wait for the replacement car. A lot of manufacturer roadside assistance packages work this way. BTW Volvo roadside assistance only covers the first year. Volvo warranty is 2 years. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Thanks folks. Volvo road site assit (RAC) arranged a tow truck and a replacement car and a taxi.

I have forwarded on the details about the sensor to my sister and asked her to ask the dealer about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Thanks folks. Volvo road site assit (RAC) arranged a tow truck and a replacement car and a taxi.

I have forwarded on the details about the sensor to my sister and asked her to ask the dealer about it.

I'm sure if they are a volvo dealer they will know about such things as common faults. its often best just to give the symptoms and let them figure it out them selfs. you could be pointing them in the wrong directiona nd they won't thank you for it.

Advertisement