Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you Support?

• 25-04-2006 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Boston Redsox are who i follow.

Used to live about 100 yards from fenway park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Red Sox. Married into a New England family so wasn't really given the choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

SF Giants all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

That makes 2 for the Giants and 2 for the Red Sox

Going to see the Giants and Dodgers in SF in August : cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

red sox for me , spent a summer in cape cod and spent most sober nites watching the sox on fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Marlins! I have to support my home team.

I go to school in Boston though, so I guess I have a soft spot for the red sox. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

St Louis Cardinals, lived there for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Another red sox fan here. Spent many a drunken night squinting up at the screen in McGanns watching the games in 99. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

Mariners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Red Sox, my boyfriend cajoled me into watching NASN all last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Jays all the way....used to live in Toronto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

man red sox all the way, im said boyfriend of snickerpuss and yes i did make her watch all of the basbeall last summer, but then half way through she started askin me when the baseball was on and WANTED to watch it! I'm still reeeling from johnny leaving for the yanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭solidgear

Braves through n through, ah for the days of MADUX AVERY GLAVIN AND A YOUNG CHIPPER JONES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Lived in Boston for a while in the late 90's so would have a soft spot for the Red Sox but I mainly support the White Sox as my cousins in Chicago have converted me (go over every summer and usualy go to a match or two). As they say over there CUBS SUCK!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yanks.

They won a world series in the 70's during my first visit to NY, so it was hard to avoid a connection. Despite some friends forcing me to go to a few mets games during the strawberry era, just couldnt shake that initial bond with the yankees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Yankees Suck.

<Red Sox Fan>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Red Sox Nation baby!

Was in Boston the week they won the Series 2 years ago and got caught up on the whole thing and am slowly educating myself.

For RS fans I recommend this book that I am reading at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Hey BigDragon,

That Bill Simmons book is excellent, well worth the cash. Avoid the Stephen King Faithful one though, I thought it was dreadful; no insights, no good writing, just reams about where he sat at each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Blue Jays fan here as I lived in Toronto for a while, have a soft spot for Boston as was in Toronto when they finally laid the curse to rest. I have read the Stephen King book and it was rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

The Mets they rule nice 13-4 win last night. If we keep it up we will win the league. The teams form has been outstading so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

The red sox all the way. Unfortunately they had a bad loss last night against the yankies.Damn you curt schilling. Will prob loose tonight as tim wakefield is pitching and his record is bad so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bob Sakamano

Lets goi Cubbies Lets go! Lovin the coverage on Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea! Go Cubs! Those dire, yet loveable, scamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Love the red sox.
    Just saw this Baseball board how long has this being online??

decies wrote:
    Love the red sox.
    Just saw this Baseball board how long has this being online??
    Since the 24th of April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Red Sox/Jays as I used to live in Toronto and was there when they broke the curse...seems to be popular ;)

And the mets, just for the NL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Woohoo baseball forum!! :-D

I'm a NY Mets fan and my minor league team are the Long Island Ducks :)

PS I also played softball a few years back for that *legend* of a drunken softball team in swords.. "The BeerHunters" !! :o
    PPS While out jogging in clondalkin recently I watched a game in corkagh park - good standard too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bullensroad

Red Sox all the way.

Born and bred in Dorchester, Boston lived there for 8 years.
    My cousin went ot school with Tom Glavine in Billerica North of Boston he was a great pitcher with the Braves all his family still live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Blue Jays fan here.

I lived in Toronto for a while and watched my first game there, so I feel duly obliged to support them.

Rosco1982 wrote:
    Blue Jays fan here.

I lived in Toronto for a while and watched my first game there, so I feel duly obliged to support them.

Was over there last week and have to say I'm converted. What a stadium, and the team are doing fairly well these days too. They've 7 games against the Yankees towards the end of July and start of August that could have a huge bearing on their season, so it should be interesting to see how they fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Was over there last week and have to say I'm converted. What a stadium, and the team are doing fairly well these days too. They've 7 games against the Yankees towards the end of July and start of August that could have a huge bearing on their season, so it should be interesting to see how they fare.

I love it over there, I've been back for a couple of holidays since and I'm going to try and go back later this year.

The Jays are having a good season, they're hitting has been excellent Reed Johnson is doing very nicely, Rios has stepped up big time this year and Wells is getting better all the time. Along with the new additions they're becoming a very good ballclub.

If Burnett stays healthy and pitches like we know he can...... well big things might happen !:)

Advertisement