Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you Support?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Nah.....Used to live @Bloor-Jane, just past High Park, in the days where you'd get a free 500 level ticket with a six-pack of Coke! Still go back once every year or two to say hello to a few people. I usually try to make it during a 10 game home-stand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭WATPOAE

zuutroy wrote:
    Nah.....Used to live @Bloor-Jane, just past High Park, in the days where you'd get a free 500 level ticket with a six-pack of Coke! Still go back once every year or two to say hello to a few people. I usually try to make it during a 10 game home-stand ;)

Ah yes, I drank many a coffee in the Coffee Time at Jane Subway station! Lived in the west end myself during my time there, last location was at Bloor & Keele.

I got to two games vs the Oakland A's last August, first night we scored tickets 8 rows behind home plate which was great. Should be back in September for a mate's wedding, fingers crossed I can get to a couple of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Chicago White Sox - 2005 World Series Champions going 11-1 in the process.

Swept the defending World Champ Boston Red Sox three straight.

Walked through the ALCS losing the first game but then rallying to win four straight against the Anaheim Angels

Swept the Houston Astros four straight to host the Commissioner's Trophy.

It was our first WS Championship in 88 years, but it also meant that the Chicago Cubs haven't won one in almost 100 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I went to Shea a good few times when I lived in New York, so I guess you could call me a Mets fan!

Good team and there was a great atmosphere in the stadium. Always had a great day/night out at mets games!

Hopefully the build on last season and go all the way this time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

New York Mets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Sorry, but I just have to get this off my chest guys. I got box seats for the Red Sox/Yankees game on April20th at Fenway today!!! Right next to the Yankees dugout! Woo hoo!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭WATPOAE

free2fly wrote:
    Sorry, but I just have to get this off my chest guys. I got box seats for the Red Sox/Yankees game on April20th at Fenway today!!! Right next to the Yankees dugout! Woo hoo!!:D

Don't forget to tell Rodriguez and Jeter to just kiss and make up, we're all horrified at the thought of them not liking each other!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

WATPOAE wrote:
    Don't forget to tell Rodriguez and Jeter to just kiss and make up, we're all horrified at the thought of them not liking each other!!

I'll see what I can do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Cubbies all the way!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

jjbrien wrote:
    The Mets they rule nice 13-4 win last night. If we keep it up we will win the league. The teams form has been outstading so far this season.

Great chance to win the NL for sure. Check out the current odds Paddy Power are offering, the Mets at 7/1 are decent value certainly each way. They would possibly be one of the only NL teams that would be able to stand up to an AL champion this year too (Forget 2006, the Tigers self imploded).

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

Red Sox and whoever is playing is playing the yankees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Guess I'm the only Baltimore Orioes fan here:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Indeed you probably are...and may I extend a warm "Haha" over last night's loss to the 'returning to greatness' Blue Jays last night. Talk of the recent sweep at Camden Yards will not be entertained!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Boston Redsox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Washington Nationals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Washington Nationals.....Ive only heard of 1 other person who supported them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

zuutroy wrote:
    Indeed you probably are...and may I extend a warm "Haha" over last night's loss to the 'returning to greatness' Blue Jays last night. Talk of the recent sweep at Camden Yards will not be entertained!

:rolleyes: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 iarlaoha

Well it was watching Diamondbacks games that got me into the sport, but I'm a Blue Jays fan all the way.

You can still get pretty good seats way up high for $9. Which is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Toronto BlueJays.

Attracted by the skills of Carlos Delgado, and i didnt care to swap teams when he moved to the Mets. Plus ive got the jersey so...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

poor nationals fan..they should have stayed in montreal, im a redsox fan...and i used to feel lonely overwhelming support for them on here could be the irish connection with boston? either way sox rule all yankees suck etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

St.Louis Cardinals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Red Sox and whoever is playing is playing the yankees

...especially if they're the A's

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Support the Oakland A's, went to a game last summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

Indians fan since last summer, saw them play twice. Being following them ever since. Watch the games online when they are at a decent time! Girlfriend is from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Wow just went through the whole thread and not one Tigers fan! My mum was born and raised in detroit so its grown from there. Failing that, I also love the Red Sox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am a Red Sox fan mainly cause I spent a summer in Massachuttas 2 years ago and well you couldn't really not support them.
    Also the 2004 victory is 1 of the greatest sporting stories ever imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 longfordladn

I was startin to get worried there that there were no Tigers fans in here. Tigers fan here. At least I'm not the only one!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Red Sox. Went to Cape Cod on holidays a good few times, started watching it on TV and got hooked. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Toronto Blue Jays - watched them from their first year at original stadium, my Dad used to take me to about dozen games a year. I grew up in Hamilton. Been a fan ever since, as well as Maple Leafs, but my first love is the Jays. Looking good for this year....Wells and Overbay are back from injury, starters and bullpen is as strong as last year and we've added Rolen, and Eckstein as lead-off. We've the Minister of defense Johnny Mac to hoover up Doc's ground balls and Rios should get better too. Roll-on Spring training :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Being a Texan, I have to show support for the Rangers and the Astros. Too bad they sorta suck. I am a closet Detroit Tigers fan purely because Magnum PI is ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement