Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php parent refresh problem

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Once users are logged in on my site they click perimeter links which changes the content in an iframe in the center.

This is fine however, if their session times out and then they click a link to change the content of the central iframe I get errors because they are not logged in.

It is easy to modify this so the central iframe page redirects to a 'please log in' page. However I cannot get the parent page to refresh. The parent pages still displays you as being logged in however you are not.

I understand there is a way using Javascript. I would ideally like to avoid that solution as I want to facilitate users with Javascript disabled.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What kind of errors do you get?
    As php is a server side language, it will not be able to refresh the page. You could use HTML to do this...
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60" />
    This will refresh the page every 60 seconds

Advertisement