Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody claiming they will put a stake through heart of Eircom (I wish)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

jlawler wrote:
    Somebody claiming ..
    This spurious story emanates from ENN, who supply the Irish stories to The Register. Somebody getting ahead of himself and a reporter overwhelmed in his/her critical faculties by claims like
    The company also has a relationship with 73 engineers based in a Chinese factory.
    I'd say TGT are sellers of phone cards, and that's about it.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Remember Genesis Europe? No? Google for them. Same guy behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I can't see anything to do with Satellite costing only €10 unless it is a broadcast only multicast data (One of those is free).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

damien.m wrote:

Some how I'm not surprised. I thought it sounded great until I read it would use satellite. Then I knew it was an unlikely to be a success. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's the techies I feel sorry for. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

paulm17781 wrote:
    Some how I'm not surprised. I thought it sounded great until I read it would use satellite. Then I knew it was an unlikely to be a success. :(
    Yeah. I read as far as the word "satellite" and stopped.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

That ENN/Reg piece looks like it was lifted driectly from a Press Release (no surprise there ENN). There's a serious smell of bullshít from that PR too.
    The company also has a relationship with 73 engineers based in a Chinese factory.
    Thats the best line I've ever read. Wtf does a "relationship" with 73 engineers in a Chinese factory mean? Did he send the engineering department of a chinese factory a Christmas card just so he could say the company had a "relationship" with them.

Utter shíte if I've ever read it...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Irelandoffline has a relationship with ComReg too :)

Doesn't mean it's a good thing though.

I believe BTIreland and smart have a relationship with eircom about LLU as well :p

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The other thing I noticed is that it will be 4G!? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was still in discussion stage. :confused: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jlawler

Just shows you what marketing people can do when they have a sloppy journalist who is too lazy to find out the real story and instead files press releases as news. I mean just look at the claims Eircom get away with :D

Justin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

viking wrote:
    That ENN/Reg piece looks like it was lifted directly from a Press Release (no surprise there ENN).

Thats why I christened that same website /dev/bull some years back.

While the /dev/bull drivel is pretty typical I am seriously pissed off with the Reg about their reprinting this bull**** without checking it :(

Its a callback system, basically.

TGT are looking for the Irish Agency for Thuraya I'll wager :p

Uniquely for a SAT Phone provider Thuraya do not charge for incoming calls and have a prepaid card system on the shelf .

Therefore they could be used for a callback system.

Maybe the system will work on the new high power Inmarsat BGAN systems instead ??

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭bminish

damien.m wrote:

I had those guys call me up and threaten to Sue me for a cople of postings I made on ie.general,
    and ie.comp

needless to say they didn't
    I still have the GenesisEurope.Net info pack here.
    The front cover slogan is great

" We Have Already Gone, Where No One Has Gone Before! How About You? "

Remeber gamebank

the top google hit for Trans Global Technologies is nice too.

.brendan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bminish wrote:
    Remember gamebank
    Indeed. Seems like /dev/bull have not remembered Gamebank because they were the ones who pimped that particular scheme of Garys as well .

Gamebank in 2001 per /dev/bull

Sat Callback in 2006 /dev/bull
    The company also has a relationship with 73 engineers based in a Chinese factory

Sponge Bobs 'Tidal BB' scam in 2008 (per /dev/bull )
    The CPE is currently swimming across the Atlantic from Panama

shame about the logistics chain , its ALWAYS a shame about the logistics chain .....until the next time ! What did he do in between Gamebank/Genesis Europe 5 odd years back and this Sat Phone Callback scheme ??? Its been a while :p even /dev/bull forgot him !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its been a while :p even /dev/bull forgot him !
    And let the guy use this ENN offer:
    E-business success stories wanted

Friday 12 March 2004. Your successes in putting IT to work for your company deserve recognition. Now they can get the profile they deserve, thanks to a new initiative from the Irish technology publisher ENN.

ENN, producer of Ireland's only IT and telecoms newswire at www.electricnews.net, publishes a range of e-mail newsletters under the ENN brand and for government and corporate clients. At ENN we are looking for Irish organisations who have successfully implemented an e-business or e-commerce strategy or project. Success stories will be considered for profile in our publications, and will be developed sensitively in line with the company's own priorities (ie confidential or competitive information will not be disclosed).

There is no fee for this service, which provides an excellent opportunity for Irish organisations to receive well-deserved recognition for their use of technology. Application is also open to Irish non-commercial, government and charitable organisations. Solution developers can submit information on behalf of their clients, but please secure the client's permission first.

Companies interested in this opportunity should fill out the information below and submit it to Sheila M. Averbuch, Editor, at sheila@electricnews.net, or by post to ENN, 7 Lower Fitzwilliam St, Dublin 2. . More information is available from tel. 01 676 9995.

1. Company name

2. Irish city where based

3. Approx employee numbers

4. Sector (manufacturing/ internationally traded services preferred)

5. Brief description of your business

6. Is your e-business strategy at an early/medium/advanced stage?

7. Brief description of recent e-business/e-commerce implementation
    (ie website launch/relaunch; use of email; development of Web-based tools for staff or clients; development of IT strategy)

And then even get published on TheRegister!
    P.

Advertisement