Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shooping centres

• 25-04-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭

Whats d latest with d new one going up at the railway stn?I heard Dunnes are going in2 it thats all...
    Anybody know anything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

please try not to use text speak please :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

All I know is that Tesco tried to setup in Kilkenny and they couldn't so they've now moved out to Callan and are looking to build a place just on the out-skirts of the town.

The mafia in Kilkenny does a good job of protecting its own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So it seems..The city centre traders don't seem to want competition (obviously enough) in KK.
    Are Tesco really setting up in Callan?Where abouts will that be built?
    There was something about them going into the mart site when it moves though...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mfitzy wrote:
    So it seems..The city centre traders don't seem to want competition (obviously enough) in KK.
    Are Tesco really setting up in Callan?Where abouts will that be built?
    There was something about them going into the mart site when it moves though...

As far as I know its going up past the Statoil station at the top of the town just off the old Clonmel road before it hits the new road from the by-pass that goes to windgap. I could be wrong but thats what I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 clickclick

wait, i thought tesco were going into the new development in the cattle mart? (whenever that happens!)
    And KK DOES NOT need 2.5 dunnes stores!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't think the City Planners would let Tesco go in to town, maybe an express/small one.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kilkenny21m

As said in the kk advertiser- Tesco will have some job getting into the mart as it's a residential development planned for there, however they are trying to find a site close to the city... hello foreign competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I shouldn't even post this, but it was in the People that they're building a Tesco in the mart as well as Callan. That's the Kilkenny People, mind, in case you thought it was a real paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 clickclick

tracert wrote:
    I shouldn't even post this, but it was in the People that they're building a Tesco in the mart as well as Callan. That's the Kilkenny People, mind, in case you thought it was a real paper.
    it was in the People, the Voice and the Advertiser. Why does KK have 3 papers?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

clickclick wrote:
    it was in the People, the Voice and the Advertiser. Why does KK have 3 papers?!
    Trying to justify their city status?

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    Trying to justify their city status?
    This is about shopping centres in KK, not about whether its city or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes, it has nothing to do with city status or the amount of newspapers or the validity of certain newspapers

on topic guys :)

Is Tesco to reach its final Irish destination?
    By Naoise O' Donovan Coogan

Tesco retail stores has applied for planning permission from Kilkenny County Council for a huge new store in Callan. If the store is successful in its application, it will finally have a store in every county in Ireland.

Kilkenny is the only county where Tesco is not located at the moment and the supermarket giants have been looking to rectify this situation for some time. They are also hopeful of becoming the anchor tenant at the mart site on the Castlecomer road, meaning that Kilkenny could go from zero to two in just a few months.

The site in Callan is located beside the N76 Callan bypass at Prologue near the Windgap exit.

The new superstore - if successful - will comprise 20,000 sq ft of shop space with another 10,000 sq ft for a storage facility. It would be a new lease of life for the residents of Callan and the surrounding areas who need to make the 15 minute trek into the city if they want to shop in one of the major supermarkets.

Employment opportunities would also be in the pipeline for the locals who have already seen a number of businesses close in the area this year.

Kilkenny County Council are understood to be examining the application

Advertisement